1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Moneybookers is a scam?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Pandarian, Dec 23, 2006.

1. ustas007

ustas007 Member

Best Answers:
    How do you withdraw your money?
    Right, they don't like gamers.
    Last time then I call them, they just hang up on me. It is very helpful.
    Yeee, right, I'm using paypal more then 9 years, and now I tried to have any relations with MB. But after they send me verification code mail on my real address, they close my account with out any reason and took my money on the account. I'm not a gamer, I did not laundry money, I just real person, and MB just close my account with out any problem. Is it right?
    So don't call me scammers, maybe you do, because you working on MB.

ustas007, May 2, 2012 IP
  2. mummymania

mummymania Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used both payment processors without fail. I prefer Paypal for their smooth transaction. Moneybookers has its flaws definitely. Have u write to them asking what is the problem?

mummymania, May 2, 2012 IP
  3. brum26

brum26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love how you think that every person who hasn't had a problem with them must work for mb. Maybe it's just that the millions of people who actually abide by the terms of service have no problems and then the few people like you who obviously have done something that is against the terms of service get banned.

I used to withdraw money from mb straight to my bank account but now I have one of their MasterCards which is connected straight to my account so I can use it at ATMs or to pay for goods as a debit card.

I'm sure MasterCard would continue to work with a company that was a scam.

brum26, May 3, 2012 IP
  4. bob maxey

bob maxey Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people have problems and some do not. Just like PayPal. Some have issues and some do not. Millions of users cannot be wrong. Or they perhaps tolerate PP and all the rest. Not sure. Every product made either sucks or rules depending on which site you go to. I am trying MB but I expect issues. I gave up PP because they were just too hard to deal with. The problem is, people know PP and MB not so much.

When it comes to scams, frauds and hard earned money, I think people tend to go with what they know.

I guess we should call them 'Skrill" because they are changing.

Luck to you,

Bob

bob maxey, May 10, 2012 IP
  5. bob maxey

bob maxey Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess is every CC and payment processor is on the lookout for possible scams. Every similar site I see has a big signup process, verification up the arse and some mention the government and patriot act and money laundering. You must tie everything to a bank account and/or debit/cc card and jump through hoops of every diameter.

I think some people use the web for bad things and certainly (like me) tuhey did not completely read the TOS. When they are dumped, they get mad. I had a discussion with someone complaining about how before they were paid by the auction site they use, they now must ship to get a tracking number. She was use to posting auctions and ordering if she sells. Not illegal perhaps, but it can lead to problems.

Bob

bob maxey, May 10, 2012 IP
  6. ustas007

ustas007 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeap, I just want withdraw money to my bank account. Both.. names on MB and Bank account was the same, also I got letter to my address.

Good for you. Just do not keep money on this scam money system like MoneyBookers.

ustas007, May 12, 2012 IP
  7. Ryanloop

Ryanloop Peon

Best Answers:
    Look up moneybookers scams on the internet, they abound. People are selling cars that they don't possess. The guy that tried to scam me originally had an address posted in Florida literally minutes from my house but when I inquired he said he was in the military about to be deployed to Iraq, but is in the UK at this time, another scam says it's a woman, also in the UK. (He said England, she said Scotland) I wrote back within minutes saying that I would send him the $9000 asap but that I would use a different brokerage firm "just in case" and of course, never heard from him again.
    Moneybookers may be legit, however the people using it certainly aren't! Be careful! And remember what good old dad taught you when you were a kid, "If it looks too good to be true...."

Regards

Ryanloop, May 14, 2012 IP
  8. bob maxey

bob maxey Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it fair to blame MB for the actions of their users? Here in Utah, a newspaper was used to advertise a stolen car. Not the paper's fault. you can find all manner of bad behaviour on the web and it is not the site owner's problem. The problem is the immorality of the user.

bob maxey, May 16, 2012 IP
  9. AhaOHo

AhaOHo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    no its not a Scam

AhaOHo, May 16, 2012 IP
  10. dpmembers

dpmembers Member

Best Answers:
    why people type so long? just get to the point.

ive not been scammed by mb.

i hate mb, they asked too many questions like paypal. they are tough to please.

solution: close account and open a new one and close it again once they get irritating w the question.

again. i hate skrill. makes my life difficult.

dpmembers, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  11. dataclub

dataclub Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes MoneyBookers they are scam, soon or a later they can block your account with no reason and you never get your money back, same thing may happen with any other payment processors.

Have you heard of Bitcoin?

No one owns Bitcoin and no one can block it, there is no transaction fees nor blockings, Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular and can be bough locally in many countries and exchangers, I bought Bitcoins from xmlgold.eu

dataclub, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  12. shafibd

shafibd Peon

Best Answers:
    Money Booker Cheat my $72. Please help me. I tried 1 year but failed.

shafibd, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  13. Andrew_H

Andrew_H Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using MoneyBookers for one year and I've been pretty happy with their service. The only thing that bugs me at times is the verification which can take some time but since it's for our own protection, I guess it's acceptable.

Andrew_H, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  14. hairymonster2000

hairymonster2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was about to sign up for a moneybookers/skrill account and something nagged me to read their terms and conditions and their privacy policy and guess what:

Privacy policy point 1.2 states they are a licencee of the TRUSTe privacy program. It would seem they are not as when I've clicked on the TRUSTe link to confirm this, the TRUSTe website clearly states they DO NOT have a licence and should be reported for trademark violation!

This itself is in breach of their own terms and conditions that you are expected to abide by.

This also raised the question of how many more licences are they claiming to have and don't. How many more breaches of the law are they committing!

Another note, in the 21st century, moneybookers/skrill cannot be contacted by email unless you have an account or are a merchant so you have to call them on the phone or write a letter - and this from an e-commerce company. Ridiculous.

I'm not suggesting they are a scam due to the length of time they've been in business but if they're telling everyone lies can they really be trusted?

At this moment in time, they appear to be operating illegally - how long has this been going on - how long is it going to be allowed to go on - do you want to trust a company operating in this way!

hairymonster2000, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  15. pensopenso

pensopenso Peon

Best Answers:
    have been using more than 6-7 years and have not got any problem.

pensopenso, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  16. rachelsalmon

rachelsalmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all. I am using it for 2 years now. Never ever had a bad experience. Don't know what people are up to?

rachelsalmon, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  17. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using mb since 2007 they are very good but very strict

Pitu, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  18. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

as far as I know, the Truste sealed mark it as valid as for today

IG2010, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  19. Jatelo2

Jatelo2 Member

Best Answers:
    I can Authoritatively confirm to you that Skrill (Moneybookers) is one of the most secure and cheaper way of payment. I've used it and have a verified account with them. People will always say what they want!

Jatelo2, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  20. ugod

ugod Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are from India then never use it. they would cust off around 35% in conversion fees before sending it to your bank.

Here how its work

IF you are from India then your default currency will remain as INR mostly

So when you receive money

INR to USD (poor currency exchange rates will be provided)

When you withdraw the same USD will be converted to Euro as Moneybookers default withdrawal currency is Euro

When they send to your Indian bank account this Euros will be then converted to INR.

Thus if you receive $100 instead of 5300 INR you would just receive around 4000 INR.

ugod, Feb 28, 2013 IP