1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Moneybookers is a scam?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Pandarian, Dec 23, 2006.

1. goranm

goranm Peon

Best Answers:
    moneybookes.com is carefully designed scam.

Their support system is intentionally designed to be extremely inefficient. Once you enter moneybookers support hell it will last for weeks if not for months. In this way they have daily a large amount of money for which they know for sure that cannot be withdrawn. If you know that moneybookers.com have over 14.8 million account holders you can easily figure out that we are talking about millions of Euros stolen each day.

See what they did to WikiLeaks.

goranm, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  2. DeadWalker

DeadWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used moneybookers for almost 2 years and they never let me down. Moneybookers and paypal are the best way to pay and be payed online imo!

DeadWalker, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  3. goranm

goranm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Julian Assange did use moneybookers.com as well.

The fact that you did not have a problem does not contradict statement that moneybookers.com is carefully designed scam. Eventually you will experience it yourself. Did you ever used moneybookers so called support system? Have you ever heard of a support system which is designed in such way that whenever you reply your request will be pushed to the end of the queue?

goranm, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  4. DeadWalker

DeadWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    this is all very strange for me. I use moneybookers and most of my friends also do and never got problems me and my friends... I never used support system because i never needed. I already transfered lots of funds from my bank acount and other transferences and everything went perfect. Seems im a lucky guy then? :)

DeadWalker, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  5. goranm

goranm Peon

Best Answers:
    Which part is strange to you: that monebookers ripped of WikiLeaks or that monebookers.com is carefully designed scam?

Lets say that only 1% of users have a problem and that on average each of them have just €10 on account. moneybookers.com will have each day at least €1.5 millions which otherwise will not be available to them. I am sure that figures are much higher.

goranm, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  6. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    MoneyBookers is an amazing service! I've used them 2 years running without a single problem and I make frequent payments from it. If you try to trick them via "gift" payments then they will mess with you back.

Adnan959, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  7. goranm

goranm Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have arguments please state them. Implying that I am involved in some kind of illegal activity is nothing but diverting from the topic that moneybokers.com is carefully designed scam. If you continue to do that I will have no other option but to report you.

goranm, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  8. hshs

hshs Guest

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers SUCKS.
    They are basically an information gathering operation under the guise of a "payment company"
    All they do is force you to give them as much information as possible about you, so they can do god-only-knows-what with it.

This is the information moneybookers forces you to give them if you want to withdraw ANY payment from your account:

0-Name
    1-Date Of Birth!! (i've never had to give Paypal or google checkout my DOB!)
    2-Bank Account information (routing number and account number)
    3-Credit Card information (if giving them your bank account info wasn't enough they want your credit card info, to charge you their "fee", why don't they just substract the fee from your payment? what a scam!)
    4-Physical Address (NO PO Boxes accepted)

Believe it or not all this info is still NOT enough for moneyscammers, i mean moneybookers.. they still want you to "confim" your address via mailing them a "bank statement" or receiving a letter they send you..
    also if you make a mistake when confirming your DOB when trying to withdraw your money, they will lock your account, and you will have to email them a scan of your passport or drivers license to get it unlocked.
    You also have a choice of confiming your identity.. get this, by giving them your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.

What a scam.. why would I give these people a LOT more personal information that I EVER had to give paypal or google?
    Paypal and google checkout confirm the bank account info by making a micropayment to your bank account, but moneybookers conveniently doesn't use this method so they can have an excuse to ask you for more and more personal info.
    Instead of making a micropayment to you account, they want YOU to withdraw money (up to $15!!) from your account into your moneybookers account. $15? NO THANKS.

Do you know who owns moneybookers?
    Do you know what kind of security they have?
    Is your personal data really safe in their hands?

I don't know the answer to any of these questions, and i doubt anyone does.
    If Citibank, one of the largest banks in the world, was hacked and millions of user's data was stolen, i have no faith whatsoever in "moneybookers" security, no matter what they tell me.

For all that i know, they could be hacked tomorrow and all your data could end up in Russian scammers' hands.

Anyone using moneybookers is either a scammer or insane.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
    hshs, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  9. kainrazial

kainrazial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i already lost 200 usd to those Shitty Scammers, Stay Away from moneybookers

kainrazial, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  10. andhrahost

andhrahost Peon

Best Answers:
    scam 100% .. lost $2000 till now

They won't give back your money if your account gets limited unlike paypal which returns back in 180days.

andhrahost, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  11. hshs

hshs Guest

Best Answers:
    UPDATE:

Can you believe this?
    Even after i sent Moneybookers a scan of my passport, i had to "verify" my mailing address by sending them a scan of one of my utility bills.

So even after i did this, i am still unable to withdraw my money, because my DOB information hasn't been updated in their system.

I've had to call these scammers about 4 times to get my money out.
    I am sure moneybookers are some kind of shady operation.. i am going to contact NY's D.A. to report them.

Whatever you do, DO NOT SIGN UP with moneybookers.. your personal information is at risk!

hshs, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  12. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers is shit a big scam and alos Alertpay.Its better to use Paypal as it is relaible and secured to use :)

Card, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  13. shake_waves2001

shake_waves2001 Member

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers is the best e-payment processor for me, i am using it for more than 3 years without any problem, very fast transaction execution. buying, selling and withdrawing, all executed in the same day and I am not exaggerating if I say that withdrawing proccessed few minutes later after your request, very little fees, really Moneybookers is superior service.

shake_waves2001, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  14. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you use Moneybookers can you tell me if we withdraw to bank account,within how much days we would recieve money?

Card, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  15. surfingus

surfingus Peon

Best Answers:
    They are con merchants. They want your copies of your passport or driving licence!! Even paypul or Gioogle didnt ask me for that. I spoke to cumster (spelt wrong on purpose) services said we are not paypul!!

A little outfit who have grown big headed... I have had £80 stuck in there for over a year now!! Its not the money, its the principle. Sorry i ever signed upto to it.

Dont even know why "security" dept has flagged my account for a measly £80, I'm Not Bill Gates....

Fcuk them,

surfingus, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  16. windrock

windrock Peon

Best Answers:
    Moneybooker is a very famous and trusted company. I think they never be scammers.

windrock, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  17. vinicou

vinicou Peon

Best Answers:
    I use moneybookers since 2008 and have only one problem with uploading money to acc,
    but everything was solved by contacting the support.
    I think if you are not breaking the TOS you'll not get any problem with your acc.

vinicou, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  18. Esolution

Esolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    its good they verify me so many time and solve the problem

Esolution, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  19. logoonlinepros

logoonlinepros Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using MoneyBookers for 1 year and i got really well result. I think you can trust on that very easily.

logoonlinepros, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  20. DRUMJUNKIE

DRUMJUNKIE Peon

Best Answers:
    I JUST TRIED TO SET UP MY ACCOUNT AND MONEYBOOKERS CAN'T EVEN TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT HAVING A WORKING PHONE NUMBER :Customer Call Centre (24x7): +1 800 238-9984 Fax: +1 509 271 5556 . IT IS A NON WORKING NUMBER. THAT IS YOUR FIRST CLUE THEY ARE SCAMMING?Moneybookers USA, Inc. 61 Broadway, New York NY, 10006, USA .............................. YOU THINK THAT IS THEIR REAL ADDRESS?????????????????????? WHY LIE ABOUT YOUR CONTACT NUMBER????????????????I WENT AND CANED MY ACCOUNT RIGHT AWAY. NO BACK BUTTONS IN WEBSITE TO CORRECT YOUR ADDRESS/STATE. CANT CALL ANY ONE FOR HELP.... HOW BOGUS.... VERY HOT NOW!

DRUMJUNKIE, Jan 31, 2012 IP