1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Microsoft losing battle against Mac?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by FreeITRepair, Feb 1, 2010.

1. diggathedog

diggathedog Peon

Best Answers:
    Not so sure what the general definition of niche is, but I'm pretty sure "people who use a phone to interact with stuff on the web as well as make phone calls" is a pretty damn big niche, and unlikely to do anything but grow exponentially. I don't even bother hiding my iPhone on the bus any more, because I'm never the only person riding around surfing on an iPhone (that be more like 3 or 4 out of 20).

diggathedog, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  2. tommody01

tommody01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though Microsoft Windows has dominated in PC World for decades now, the company has always had a hard time coming to grips with the Internet, and more specifically, how to monetize their web presence. For example, Microsoft’s “Live Search” has remained a distant third behind Google and Yahoo since its inception. But lately, Microsoft’s share of the search market has been in near-freefall....

http://www.ohmi.com.au/index.php/office-phone.html

tommody01, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  3. diggathedog

diggathedog Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't help thinking they got off to a bad start, and kept heading in the wrong direction, and in the process completely missed the point. They began with a desire to control everything, like Apple and AOL et al did - control the way onto the internet, and the stuff people access. The whole "branded internet" concept was pretty quickly on a losing streak, and rightly so. It doesn't fit with the way people think, and people use the internet in a way that is more reflective of "thinking" (free, roaming), than "doing" (structured, focused). I think MSs problem was IE, and the place they accorded it in their web and OS strategy. Their focus was so tightly fixed on developing a unified internet/OS browsing tool, and controlling access through a search portal, they missed what was happening around them. Proprietary technology and shaped content was not going to work, yet that was exactly how they planned on cashing in. If it had paid off, they would have been rolling in (way more) cash, so you can't blame them for trying I guess. I seriously think they need to create a new division, and staff it with outsiders who have never been a part of their existing strategies if they really want to dominate the internet in the way they've dominated the PC OS market. Bing seems to mark a "radical" (for MS) departure from their previous strategy, but it's still just one (relatively small) step. Maybe they should just buy ... Google, and get a search engine, browser, and light OS that actually work. 15-odd years of failure is a mighty long run ...

diggathedog, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  4. zapragartiast

zapragartiast Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel no, lot of peoples use microsoft than mac . . .
    microsoft also provide easy steps to new users who use microsoft platform. . .

zapragartiast, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  5. ipod-touch-2g-games

ipod-touch-2g-games Peon

Best Answers:
    I always though that mac was better . I bought my own macbook to do music /studio related stuff and 1 month after my one year warranty expired the trackpad and keypad dies . I read online and track the problem to a kinked wire under the battery that is apparently not a rare problem and I'm thinking " Apple is sure heading dowmhill if they can't even make a laptop that lasts 2 years without a major problem'. for a lot lower cost an Hp running windows 7 won't give you that problem

ipod-touch-2g-games, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  6. lordzmizan

lordzmizan Peon

Best Answers:
    Windows : Who can figure how to solve problems their selves.
    Mac : For kids who scare getting viruses or crashed

lordzmizan, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    iow, Windows gets viruses and crashes.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 13, 2010 IP