1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is LT the best RB ever in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by free, Dec 11, 2006.

?

Is LT the best NFL RB of all time?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
    He has the touchdown record and many other scoring and rushing records, but do you think that he's the best RB to ever play in the NFL?

free, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  2. alkoholiks

alkoholiks Active Member

Best Answers:
    not sure i'm ready to say he is the best rb of all time, but he is definitely a beast that is up there.

alkoholiks, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  3. Freebies

Freebies Peon

Best Answers:
    It’s possible but there have been so many great RBs and his career is far from complete. When I was a little girl my father got me interested in sports and especially football, growing up in Michigan, I of course, was a diehard Lions fan (ashamed) and I along with every other fan, loved Barry Sanders. LaDainian reminds me so much of Barry, for the way he alludes and explodes to the way he tosses the ball to the refs after a touchdown and acts like he’s been there before.

One difference between him and Barry is that he does not become a liability in short yardage situations as Barry did, however, I do believe that if Barry had played behind an offensive line as dominate as the Cowboys line in the 90’s he would have posted such incredible numbers that no one would have approached them for quite some time (you have to remember, I’m biased).

A list of the greatest must include Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, O.J. Simpson (no matter what you think of him, his on the field accomplishments are unquestionable), and Walter Payton and perhaps even Eric Dickerson and Emmitt Smith (I’ll leave Earl Campbell off the list).

However, I do find it funny that in the NBA you can’t be considered one of the greatest unless you bring a championship home i.e. Kevin Garnett, Allan Iverson, but, in the NFL it seems to matter less, unless of course you’re a quarterback i.e. Peyton Manning. I guess I’m rambling a bit but here are my top five NFL running backs:

1. Jim Brown
    2. Barry Sanders
    3. Gayle Sayers
    4. LaDainian Tomlinson
    5. Walter Payton

Best wishes,
    Kimmy

Freebies, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  4. smon

smon Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't really pass judgement yet. LT is a great one sure, but the best I don't know.

smon, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  5. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    Ever? I don't know.
    Right now? No question

Too early to pass judgement. I bet a lot of people thought Terrell Davis was going to be up there on the best ever list....but stuff happen.

timsdd, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  6. free

free Banned

Best Answers:
    I think Barry Sanders was the best "open field runner" and most exciting for sure, but he wasn't a complete back and yes he was on some sorry teams :(. Terrell Davis was to me one of the best backs ever, regardless of how long he played.

free, Dec 12, 2006 IP