1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Live Streaming of TV Channels legal???

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by mickscool, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Pauline

Pauline Peon

Best Answers:
    It's definitely not legal..........yet.

Pauline, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  2. kashifrasool

kashifrasool Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I think it is illegal but there should be proper rights for it, I thing the user of the videos should know if it is illegal or not what he is using, Because If user will not used the videos so it will give no profit to the person who is doing illegal work.

kashifrasool, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  3. mustaineoz

mustaineoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you are from China or Irak or Russia or ..,go for it.They dont have internet laws or copyright things,all the pages you saw are from that countries.If you are not from these countries,dont ever think to do!

mustaineoz, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  4. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    Those countries have plenty of internet and copyright laws. They just don't spend a lot of time enforcing them. Especially when they pertain to rights of people from other countries.

bluegrass special, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  5. mustaineoz

mustaineoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think they have internet rules!But i can ask some of my friend from Iran and write here later

mustaineoz, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  6. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    bluegrass special, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  7. mickscool

mickscool Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about hosting the live streaming on some sites like some blogspot.com and then just sending the links to that site from your site....

Don't tell me that's illegal too :) Need to find some workaround for this.

mickscool, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  8. bluegrass special

bluegrass special Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you posted it on blogspot, you would still be responsible (not blogspot). In addition, in the US linking to infringing material can be considered contributory infringement.

bluegrass special, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  9. NCH

NCH Peon

Best Answers:
    All streaming of any copyright material is illegal unless written consent is give by the owner/producer.

Linking to such media is considered an accessory to the fact and can carry heavy fines and imprisonment.

In NZ we have strict IP (Intellectual Property) and copyright laws, internationally everyone no matter what country is bound by the international conventions set forth in international IP laws, so if you do not own it do not go near it.

To further clarify

If someone posts something personal to a website such as utube and you link to it thats ok as it was created for general broadcast, if someone posts startrek (without modification determined by a greater than 10% change under the International IP act) from paramount to utube is in direct breach of copyright, to link to this breach constitutes an accessory to the fact as currently defined in law(s) worlwide.

hope this helps clarify things better for you all, sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

NCH, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  10. sheelgohe

sheelgohe Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is completely illegal, but the question is how can we stop people from embeding source just for fun. ther are many website where these embed codes are freely available.

sheelgohe, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  11. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    is or not legal i know 1 thing : should be legal streaming music over the internet especialy if we talk about on demand streaming.

Even right now i think on demand ( non live ) streaming is allowed.

Live streaming ( radio TV ) is right now. In my country is ok, no problems with the law , the only country in the world who try to limit this right to live streaming ( internet radio ) is U.S. from what i know.

Was a big campaign against those who try to shut down internet radios in U.S.

see : http://www.savenetradio.org/

If they will say internet radios are illegal then 90 % or more of the internet radios will die and there are millions of users who listen this stations at work or at home.

I want the internet radio to be always free as long the users can't download mp3s or share them.
    Using the internet radio unknown artists or from underground can become more popular , is just a simple reason for those small artists to support internet radio stations.

Btw Yahoo and AOL will close their radio stations , this should be a sign for all and fight against all who try to transform the internet into a place where you must pay to access a website because in the future maybe we will be forced to pay taxes for everything, even for watching, the internet probably will no longer be a free place but for sure will became the propriety in the hands of few rich people.

newzone, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  12. geotalha

geotalha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i watch live tv regular at fungiri.com this is a legal site

geotalha, Sep 14, 2014 IP
  13. rudulah

rudulah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Qadabra, Exoclick and Chitika for my streaming tv website at articlestocks.com! And they are not blocked my ads!

rudulah, Sep 14, 2014 IP
  14. Kluivert07

Kluivert07 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think its illegal because its unlicensed and i dont like it because of the risk exposure to viruses, poor quality and pop-up ads

Kluivert07, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  15. gatwickjames

gatwickjames Active Member

Best Answers:
    eu in the last 6 weeks say kodi boxes ( kodi is ok but plugins not ) are NOW illegal for streaming

gatwickjames, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  16. Jeff_from_NJ

Jeff_from_NJ Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer is always the same, even if people don't want to hear it. Streaming copyrighted content owned by another without a license is illegal, period. The method used to watch the content is unimportant, its the action that creates the problem. However, the reality and real world answer to this question does not revolve around legality, but rather will you be caught. Unlike torrent sites that you download content from and then store it on your computer (and your ISP tracks massive amounts of data moving to your home), streaming sites only transfer portions temporarily to be watched, not stored. Add that the only way a copyright owner would know you were watching their content is if they intercepted the stream going from point a (the server) to point b (your house), a VERY unlikely scenario.

So, illegal, Yes. Likely to be caught, No.

Jeff_from_NJ, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  17. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    You're literally asking for "work around"s. Hate to tell you this, but this very thread would be the end of you in court over this. You've asked if it's illegal because you suspect it is, and you've repeatedly said that you have no interest in complying with the law because it would hurt your website.

That's the point of the law - to hurt people trying to infringe on protected works without permission.

You're fucked. Maybe not yet, maybe not for a year, but when they see your site, they will drop the hammer on you like you won't believe. Each stream "faces a monetary fine up to $500,000, up to five years in jail, or both a fine and jail for a first offense". Hell, a good lawyer (pro tip: the media companies have some of the best in the world) would even argue that each view of a stream is a violation.

Sorry you're best idea was illegal. Now save yourself and your users a headache and come up with a legal website to make money off.

VacationCrasher, Aug 28, 2017 IP
    pmf123 likes this.
  18. Ferrari310

Ferrari310 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly it depends on were your server is located... if it off shore and that country doesn't have laws that forbid it.. and you can also post links on your site with a DCMA notice stating that they are streamed outside your site

Ferrari310, Sep 2, 2017 IP
  19. dilawer

dilawer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Streaming anything that is paid, for free is always illegal. Media players like Kodi offer a lot of addons for streaming content for free. But there are others like Plex, Popcorn Time which offers the same. Kodi has gained a lot of popularity since 2012 due to which MPAA or ACE has conducted a lot of investigation against 3rd party developers. Since then a lot of VPNs have come to surface. But some of the best kodi vpn are ipvanish, nordvpn and express. Some of the addons I use are:

• Covenant
    • Exodus
    • Sports Devil
    • Placenta

Source for addons: https://www.kodivpn.co/kodi-krypton-add-ons/

dilawer, Apr 5, 2018 IP
  20. vpnif

vpnif Member

Best Answers:
    For streaming I think you may try AirVPN, last year,Netflix striked VPN behavior, But AirVPN can still work for that.
    And there are much methods for streaming, like DEDICATED IP or STATIC IP or
    SMARTDNS(http://vpnif.com/effective-vpn-netflix/), you can find some VPN service shows you these function.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

vpnif, Apr 15, 2018 IP