1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is keywords no longer that important to Google?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by sacada2, Feb 6, 2006.

I'm not a webmaster, I just learned how to build a website using Frontpage at home. I read a lot of ebooks and articles on how to get a good search engine ranking by using keywords. I tried to use some of the tips on my website which is barely two months old. I'm a bit successful in MSN since at present my site ranks no.2 when search the keyword "free pc tips". but in Google it's nowhere to be found. I tried to change my keyword several times using diff. kinds of tools but to no avail.
    But I was surprised when some of my visitors came from Google using keywords which is not on my keywords. Like '0nline movies' a mispelled word, instead of using the letter O zero was used, and this one "http://www.google.com.ph/search?hl=tl&q=crumb-producing+foods&meta="
    My site is about computers
    Any comments on this?

sacada2, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  2. goodtimetribe

goodtimetribe Peon

Best Answers:
    All of my inbound search links appear to be from relevant search phrases. Maybe it's something with an image name or something else that's not necessarily a keyword that's driving traffic. I don't know that irrelevant traffic is all that bad.

goodtimetribe, Feb 8, 2006 IP