1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is keyword tracker with googles term of service?

Discussion in 'Google API' started by LPEllis, Mar 20, 2005.

You state on the page that keyword tracker uses the google api's therefore it is in complience. However when I was looking through the api terms for one of my own projects, i noticed this that Google states that the search must be bound by the terms in google search services (wherer they state 'no automated quering')

Im just trying to figure out where I stand if I make a service available that uses the Google api.

LPEllis, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When the two terms of service conflict, the API TOS prevails (in a conflict such a no automated querying). The main thing with the Google API, is you can't use it for commercial purposes.

digitalpoint, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  3. LPEllis

LPEllis Guest

Best Answers:
    mm after I think about it again, it would be quite difficult to use the API without automated queries.. it is an api after all :)
    I guess it would be against the rules if you charged money for using the tracker. But then again, a large portion of your advertising income (and the newsletter) is probably from users of the tracker, wouldnt that be considered 'commercial use'?

lets say you convert the keyword tracker to a windows app and offer it for free, would that be legal? And if you made it shareware? (there are a number of such applications, im thinking they are breaking the rules)

sorry for all the questions, im just trying to figure out what you are allowed to do with the api.

LPEllis, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  4. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Interesting ...
    But Shawn does not charge for the newsletters or anything related to the search engines that I am aware of - look throught the products

sadcox66, Mar 24, 2005 IP