1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Jesus God? IMO no. He is the manifestation of God though..

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Free Stuff, Dec 25, 2006.

I am a Christian, but I don't believe Jesus is God Himself.
    Jesus was sent by God on Earth to repay the bad Karma (the sins) that has been made by the people.
    Want proof?

Jesus was praying to God. If Jesus was God Himself He wouldn't need to pray to anybody.
    God prays to no one.
    Jesus manifested the power of God, but to make Them literally one and the same is a misunderstanding IMO by many Christian Priests and Jesus’ followers.

God can do whatever He wants, but in this case the human body, the man Jesus, the person who brought the teaching of Love and compassion was His son. Not God Himself.
    Jesus mission was to pay for the people's sins, and to deliver the new teaching, the teaching of LOVE. And He accomplished His mission exactly as He was expected to.

Free Stuff, Dec 25, 2006 IP
  2. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    This denies the Trinity which most Christians believe in. I believe in the Trinity. That there is three personalities of the same God. This encompasses Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Episcopalians, and 99 percent of all other mainstream christianity.

Not included: Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, etc...

Dead Corn, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  3. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Free Stuff. Not believing that Jesus is God, doesn't make you a Christian. I haven't found one quote of scripture you are willing to base your claims upon, while Jesus Himself said:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life
    No one comes to the Father but through me" - John 14:6

Sounds pretty exact, doesn't it? The statement leaves no room to dispute the text.

BTW, you mentioned: "God can do whatever He wants..." then you limited God to your personal finite account of who He is...interesting!

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  4. hereyago

hereyago Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you're a christian you believe that god is jesus and jesus is god

hereyago, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  5. Free Stuff

Free Stuff Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    You are proving my point that Jesus is the Son of God here. If you have children are they and you one and the same?

When Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the life..."
    Understand Jesus as the manifestation of Love, virtue etc. as the way to God.
    So if you don't posses those characteristics God will be far from you.

Free Stuff, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  6. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out Isaiah 9:6 which speaks about the prophesy of the coming messiah. Quite clearly he is called the Everlasting Father. Also, one of his names is Immanuel which means God with us, not a God with us as some Jehovah's Witnesses seem to think.

BTW, don't confuse human sonship with divine sonship as they aren't the same. There are countless scriptural references where Jesus is named as the Father; if he was distinctly separate from the Father then how could that be?

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  7. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily. The Jehovah's witnesses do not believe this, nor do some other Denominations.

Josh Inno, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  8. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody considers Jehovah's Witnesses to be Christians. Denominational Christianity is in agreement that Jesus is God. If they don't, they aren't Christians.

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  9. Free Stuff

Free Stuff Banned

Best Answers:

Have you ever helped somebody, who was so grateful to you that He/She told you "You are an Angel"?

Well, many people who do great things, help people in great need hear that. Are they all angels?

If I cannot see and somebody opens my eyes he'll be like God to me.
    Will that literally be true that that great man who cured my eyes is God is another question. I am not trying to diminish the Greatness of Jesus not even a single iota.
    No one can overshadow Jesus. It could be the same as one trying to overshadow the Sun.

Jesus IS the way to God.

10. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Which is true! However, you diminish who Jesus is by saying something that is contrary to the Word of God. None of our opinions about who we think God is matters as His word clearly demonstrates that Jesus and the Father are One.

Cults and aberrations are built upon ever-so-slight changes in scriptural interpretation. When you head down that road, then you can believe just about anything. Unfortunately, then you believe something that isn't true.

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  11. Free Stuff

Free Stuff Banned

Best Answers:

Can you point me please from THE NEW TESTAMENT where Jesus said HE is GOD?

Also for one to be or not a Christian is not up to you, your priest or any other human being to decide.

You want to know who is Christian?
    I'll let you know if you ask.

12. brujj1

brujj1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I see so many posts about Jesus and Christmas, I also thought to tell you about my thoughts of Jesus son of Mary as he is a Muslim Prophet.

We Muslims accept Jesus (may Allah's peace be on him) as one of our Prophets. Our Prophet Muhammad (may Allah's peace with on him and on his family) said that "all the Prophets are brothers and Jesus is the closest one to me." He showed his two fingers, the pointing finger and the middle finger, saying that Muhammad and Jesus are like these two fingers that are very very close. Muhammad is the best man that has ever been created and Jesus is the second best man. They are higher than the rest of the prophets and men.

Jesus (may Allah's peace be on him) is a man and was born from Mary with the will of Allah, the Most Merciful. Mary (may Allah's peace be on her and on her son Jesus) was a chaste woman and was untouched by men. She bore Jesus as her son by the will of Allah, the Most Merciful (ar-Rahim). Jesus is NOT son of God. Allah, the All-Sufficient (al-Ghaniyy), is high above from having a son or a daughter or a wife or a mate. Allah, the Most Compassionate (ar-Rahman), sent us Prophets so they show us the path. There is nothing equal to Allah, the One (al-Ahad). Allah, the Most Majestic (al-Jalil), the Most Praiseworthy (al-Hamid) alone is our Lord.

Mother of Jesus is the best woman that has ever been created and "she is above all women" says the Qur'an, higher than our Prophet Muhammad's wives who are the Mothers of Believers. We respect and love Mary as the highest and the best woman of the human kind.

Jesus son of Mary is a man and he, as a Prophet made many miracles. His birth brought peace to the world as Allah, the Most Kind (ar-Rauf), says in the Qur'an about what Jesus says "peace to the day I was born and peace to the day I am be raised."

Jesus did not die. He was taken by Allah, the Most Protecting One (al-Wali), and is protected until he returns. Allah, the Source of All Goodness (al-Barr), also says in the Qur'an to the Prophet Muhammad that he should tell believers that we should believe in our Prophets and we should also "listen to Jesus when he talks."

May Allah, the Bestower of Peace (as-Salam), have peace on all our Prophets and the good women and men of the world.

As-salam aleykum (Peace on all of you).

brujj1, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  13. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Ultimately, God knows the human heart. In that you are correct. However, we are also warned to stay away from those who come in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. We know them by their fruits -- Matthew 7:15,16 . I do not judge a person's eternal destiny, that is for God, but if someone calls themselves a Christian but believes otherwise, I won't receive them as a Christian.

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  14. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, all through the Gospel of John Jesus used the term "I AM" which is reserved only for God. John 14:6 was one verse I mentioned previously; there are many others.

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  15. Free Stuff

Free Stuff Banned

Best Answers:
    "...Yes, all through the Gospel of John Jesus used the term "I AM" which is reserved only for God...."

I am sorry this is not convincing to me.

How can Jesus (if Jesus = God) be tested by Satan in the desert?
    How can Jesus pray to God if Jesus = God?

Now comes the absurd question does God need to pray to anybody?
    As far as I know no one can test God and God the Creator of the world needs not pray to anybody.

A lot of priests not understanding the scriptures well enough, knowingly or not fall in some dogmas. Then they preach it to others and want them to blindly believe everything they say is true.

16. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but you are going off on tangents. I answered your question about Jesus being God. If you were to study the Greek and read the reaction of the Jews of that era to Jesus' words, you would understand why they were deeply offended by Jesus' I AM statements because they understood that Jesus was clearly calling himself God.

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  17. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Take a look around the churches that teach this type of doctrine. Now, try and count how many in the audience have Bibles in their hands to follow along what the priest is saying. Do the audience get to integrate in any discussions? If not. Why not? Did not Jesus himself ask his apostles and his disciples lots of questions and integrate them into his teachings and discussions?

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  18. Free Stuff

Free Stuff Banned

Best Answers:
    MattKNC,

Can you give your input on this:

How can Jesus (if Jesus = God) be tested by Satan in the desert?
    How can Jesus pray to God if Jesus = God?

What does your priest say about that?

19. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Priest?! I am not Catholic. I am a student of the Bible and have learned much in my studies over the years. Since you did not respond to my I AM statement I won't respond to your other questions at the moment.

Much of the way you are justifying your beliefs are not based on scripture. Thus, when confronted with scriptural evidence you seek to move on. I really would like for you to investigate the I AM statements of Jesus closer in order to grasp a very important point.

MattKNC, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  20. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    What you need to see is the original Greek to the scriptures we read today. This will highlight the fact that Jesus did not mean that he is God. Deepen your research and you will find out for yourself.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Dec 26, 2006 IP