1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is it wrong to buy things from your own affilate?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by AllMyForums, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Nomz.co.uk

Nomz.co.uk Banned

Best Answers:
    Many affiliate programs here in the UK actively encourage you to purchase goods via your own affiliate links. I see no problem with it if the program allows it.

Nomz.co.uk, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  2. canardsun

canardsun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly the same thing happened to me about one year ago. Just a few days before my account would be deactivated, I made a sale. So I didn't have to buy from my own links eventually. My understanding is it must be ok to buy from your own links since CJ encourages you to do it to save your account.

canardsun, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  3. burakgxg

burakgxg Active Member

Best Answers:
    i bought hostgator web hosting services from my affiliate link. i paid 95$ for it and i will receive 100$ back.. nice ?:D

burakgxg, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  4. ramprop11

ramprop11 Peon

Best Answers:
    just check there erms & conditions page to get the right results

ramprop11, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  5. scoopy82

scoopy82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be stupid for any company not to allow it. IF the price is the same... Why not allow it to someone that is out there trying to endorse their own company? Just ask Sy Sperling... he's not just the president... he's a client ;)

scoopy82, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would seem to me that as long as the company is actively being advertised by the affiliate that they would encourage the sale for a number of reasons.

1. I am advertising their product and actively promoting their brand. Don't most companies give their in-house sales staff discounts?

2. If I buy one of their products, I can tell my site visitors about the experience, the product and how great they are to deal with. I would more than likely add my own pictures and provide first-hand information about the product. So many of the review sites have been written by folks who have never touched the items they are talking about much less actually owned the item being reviewed. I would think the companies would encourage folks to truly buy, use and review the products rather than just write reviews based on what others have said.

I could however see some sort of delayed payment to ensure that folks actually are affiliates promoting the company and not just signing up to get discounted produces/revenue.

YMC, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  7. fwallets

fwallets Peon

Best Answers:
    I also feel the same way that Amazon.com should allow its affiliates to purchase through their own links.

fwallets, Feb 25, 2009 IP