1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it worth to buy views for Youtube video?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Asterion, Aug 18, 2014.

There are many interesting offers at http://www.fiverr.com selling hundreds and even thousands of supposedly real views and likes for video on youtube. Some offers are really interesting and oddly very cheap. I'm interested in opinion of DP community regarding this matter.
    I have two questions:
    1. How safe is it for video promotion? Can YouTube define cheating and put sanctions against my video?
    2. How do these services really help to raise the video in YouTube?

Asterion, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  2. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are different schools of thoughts, and personally, I don't believe in buying such views.
    I'd rather you spend the time learning how to do SEO.

Besides, YouTube is known to be clamping down on bot traffic. If you really want to buy views, spread out the delivery, because it doesn't take a genius to figure out the source of the traffic if you were to see a spike of 5,000 views in a day.

Some people buy a queue to form a queue.
    Others focus on the quality of their videos (products) to create a queue organically.

Just my 2 cents.

Ethan Alvin, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  3. Asterion

Asterion Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. From other side video with hundreds views is more attractive for real people than video with a single view.
    Even in Youtube search results not only the correctly formatted descriptions, keywords, video title are important but also its popularity among people - how many people viewed it and how many liked it.

Asterion, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  4. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would tend to focus on a more natural approach to gaining views, starting with proper optimization of your video.
    Make sure it is also on your site as well as on youtube.
    I would use Facebook, Twitter, and possibly a few other social sites to get the word out.

al

agmccall, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  5. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have done extensive actual research into this very topic. Buying views will not help your position on YouTube. I have managed to get videos onto the first page and even the first spot on the first page for my chosen keyword without any views at all (brand new video). This is from careful SEO on the video upload. On these same videos I have looked down several pages and seen videos with 100,000+ landing on page 10 or page 20 or more. So from my research having a lot of views is completely useless for page position on YouTube.

The other point is that buying views is against YouTube guidelines, if they spot you doing it they will either deny all of those views so you have lost your money or they will drop your video off of YouTube. If they see you doing it consistently they will kick you off of YouTube. Not worth the risk, especially when good video SEO works so well for page placement.

About Fiverr, you get what you pay for.

George Peirson, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  6. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Purchased views are never healthy for videos, they'll be taken down immediately, uploaded on a private channel and you'll end up starting from scratch - zero ROI. Though I've heard and read success stories with bought/bot views if they are properly dripped.

Vitarank, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  7. gitnuz

gitnuz Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not safe because YouTube has the resources to stay on top of these blackhat methods for ranking a video. Sure, it might work on one video but you won't always be so lucky so it is not worth it. I have received many Adsense checks from my YouTube channel and I have never purchased views, comments, or any other related services.

gitnuz, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  8. Dhibhin

Dhibhin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not sure about fiverr but I know SEOClerks and it works like this that freelancers have contact with many users who visit your youtube video when freelancer tells them to.So I don't think this goes against youtube rules.

Dhibhin, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Buying views or any other form of web traffic is silly and only benefits the scammer selling it. Typically, such traffic comes from bots and it provides your video (or your website) with nothing of value. In fact, the only thing that it may do is get you in trouble with sites like Youtube. Even if it is the rare case where you have real visitors coming to your video, it won't do anything for you because those folks are being compensated for their efforts and have NO interest in what you are selling or hoping to achieve from such efforts.

Even if the sudden traffic boosts your video temporarily, it will be a passing thing. Once you stop buying traffic, then what? If your video cannot stand up on its own and deliver traffic because of its own "value", you are fighting a losing battle, anyway.

Bottomline: if you want to succeed on Youtube, make a great video that people will find and pass along to their friends, etc., because they find it valuable, funny, interesting, etc.

jrbiz, Aug 23, 2014 IP
  10. NewJoe

NewJoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's better just to make something YOU believe is interesting or high quality stuff.

NewJoe, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  11. Colby Bauer

Colby Bauer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more!

You want true analytics so you can know make necessary changes. Don't fool yourself by purchasing views and likes for any social media for that matter. Instead work on building a more loyal fan-base. You'll find it will take more time but will be much more profitable in the long run.

Colby Bauer, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe google has its ways to determine if you are on such scheme.
    On the other hand, I'd rather get real people watch, subscribe and like my video so that I will be able to know if it is interesting enough to watch or improve it next time.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  13. shaniusmang

shaniusmang Active Member

Best Answers:
    No in these days buying views is not safe because due to buying views, our video stuck on 301 views and there are lot of chance of deletion of videos.So never try to buy views just make good videos then video automatically get views.

shaniusmang, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  14. Effort Less

Effort Less Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google always trying to welfare for its users. So if you want to buy Youtube videos then I think you will not looser for buying this. You will learn a lot to see those videos.

Effort Less, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  15. Rick Salas

Rick Salas Member

Best Answers:
    Getting top rankings isn't very effective in my opinion so views don't matter to me. Now views from someplace you have found that are your targeted demographic is better. Those are usually not places that are dominated with people that have had years to build those out certain traffic sources and knows what works and what doesn't. But most of the time have to position themselves as the top expert in the niche. Go to the top youtube in your niche. Go where they send you and do what they say and you'll get an idea of what is working for them. But that demographic you target will have to go somewhere just like the people that watch those youtubes. What happens with most people is traffic gets to their site and it stops there. I believe you have to find out where or what parts of your business needs repair. All the components have to be there. No SEO, nothing that the search engines will eventually notice a lot of people doing the samething. Less views and more buying traffic is always better when it comes to sales but you have to have a fully functional business that has all the pieces working and where you can improve on what needs to be done better. There is this false notion that if you just buy a tlot of vierw you will be successful, and maybe you are, but there is also this false notion that all you need is somebodys successful top of the line emails or maybe the very best copywriting course. Most trainings are the same but I would consider getting somebody that is having success and moving from one level to another in the niche that you want to dominate. It could come from youtube or maybe tons better from places like this. I would even go as far as to say you can use the keyword you just asked this question about. "Is it worth to buy views for youtube video" or "youtube video views, is it worth it". You see those are buying keywords if you have a solution for those people. Probably because you are asking and people usually go to the search engines to find the answer first and cant, so the go to the forums. Getting buyers is a lot different than getting views. It's how much value you give freely and never holding back. So, I believe that anything automated is not a good idea and anything can happen, right as you start going if you use automation. Many people who stay on the top of the search engines have a fully functional business that works for them and have products that match the solution that video attracts. They probably have buyers that grow and come back to check out any new video they have looking for another product or help in some kind of way.

Rick

Rick Salas, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  16. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rick is correct, you want buyers, not views. And besides, on YouTube views will not get you position. They don't care how many views your video has, so buying views is only a waste of money. The purchased views will not improve your position and they are not buyers so why bother?

Shaniusmang, don't worry about being stuck at 301 views, this is a standard hold on YouTube and it will go away. What happens is that up to 300 views YouTube will just list them, once you reach 301 they begin to look at the views you have to see if you are gaming the system (like buying views). Most likely they will simply remove views that they determine are fake and leave the rest. This can take 1-2 weeks, but the 301 hold will go away.

For everyone else, the only person who benefits from purchased views is the person selling the views.

If you want to get a lot of real views then you need to put up videos that people want to watch and you need to publicize those views. What works well for me is to put up a lot of videos over time (don't put up too many at one time), then use all of the share buttons that YouTube provides in their share tab. I am currently getting the most views from Pinterest. I put the videos up on YouTube, then I share those videos on my Pinterest boards. If you start by putting up videos in a broad range of categories then watch your Pinterest views you will quickly see which categories are pulling the views. Then put up more videos in those successful categories. Basically do market research and be active.

George Peirson, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  17. afitgirl

afitgirl Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree, you get what you pay for. Just seems sleezy to buy views..

afitgirl, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  18. theyd

theyd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello.
    Just follow the advices given above.
    I strongly suggest you to stay away for bots...

theyd, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  19. Darster

Darster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fake views will only help you to get removed your video. It is definitely not recommended nowaydays, Youtube can easily detect fake views.

Darster, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  20. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. still figure out,.. even youtube also.. :D
    2. basically, when video get more view it will display on the right belong other video,.. that can increase your more view or sales, or whatever..

PS: got method for video not REMOVE by youtube after receive significant view, even 1.000.000 view or more.. :p

robyries, Sep 19, 2014 IP