1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it worth it to advertise on facebook?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sggenterprise, Oct 7, 2014.

Hi all, I have advertised with fcebook in the past but dont think it was werth my money. Have you had any success with facebook advertising? Any thoughts that might help?

sggenterprise, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  2. nuffsaid

nuffsaid Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently running a Facebook Ad, not much is happening and not many clicks going to my site but the only beneficial thing is it attracted a lot of likes to the page from the Audience i am targeting .. Which is good i guess..

nuffsaid, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  3. C_Tavares

C_Tavares Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find Facebook advertising not a good platform for many niches, the only thing it brings in is likes. People go on Facebook to be social, not to buy stuff.

C_Tavares, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  4. nuffsaid

nuffsaid Member

Best Answers:
    Yes , you are right there.. Most people go to facebook to socialize but when you have a lot of likes from Targeted people , the very same people will go for you products as you offer specials and things like that ..

nuffsaid, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  5. Deon Christie

Deon Christie Banned

Best Answers:
    The key is Engagement, and I agree that people go on Facebook to socialize. Social Media should rather be a Tool for engagement, building groups, joining discussions and build your online presence. Sales pitches is not such a good idea, better to have a Blog or Website, perhaps a Facebook Group and grow audiences in the Niche you wish to target. Once you have built trust, then you start with sales...slowly, it's Not A Race.

Deon Christie, Oct 7, 2014 IP
    Vitarank likes this.
  6. Dechardia Youhoing

Dechardia Youhoing Peon

Best Answers:
    Im gonna say this. I have dealt with Facebook and have done some facebook ads. In my personal study I would say facebook is good for certain physical products like hair care, health and beauty, children toys, clothing but if your selling a digital service and or digital product. I wouldn't go for it. Just from my experience. I would suggest you do some research on top PPC companies. But Facebook may not be for you. I haven't made one sale for money niche or digital service on FB but i made some sales on 7search and weirdly, I made some sales with Bing ppc. I didn't think Bing had any power but i made a few sales their. I think Facebook ads are probably best for promoting your facebook page. Not for a digital product.

I think popads are great especially for CPA offers.

Hope this helps.

Dechardia Youhoing, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  7. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    It may be helpful in gaining audience for your page but if you need to make it work in Facebook, you have to engage through responding to your audience by commenting.

usemyteam, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  8. ByteChef

ByteChef Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yeah it is for building a brand or building awareness of a product / service. It makes it more visible in a quicker way.

Personally I had an experience where in which I never got a sale from FB, but people had queries about my new venture, when I started building the page on FB.

ByteChef, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  9. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is definitely worth it to promote on Facebook. The question is if you know how to, and that determines the worth.

Ethan Alvin, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  10. John Pagulayan

John Pagulayan Member

Best Answers:
    You don't get sales on FB...you get leads. For better conversions, only use it to capture a lead using your custom tab (install your own capture page).

Once they are inside your funnel, that's when you'll see the ROI of your ad spend.

John Pagulayan, Oct 10, 2014 IP
  11. nameless7

nameless7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is good for brand awareness building

nameless7, Oct 13, 2014 IP
  12. dariuscmd

dariuscmd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find fb ads profitable for list building. You should have a bigger experience setting up fb campaigns if you want to use it for your promoting let's say clickbank products.

dariuscmd, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  13. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to market digital goods on FB, chances are - the ROI is very very little. I'd say you should you with other options instead. like PPCs etc.

Vitarank, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  14. Leasedlayer

Leasedlayer Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Promoting on Facebook and Twitter causes better traffic.

Leasedlayer, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  15. RichardGB

RichardGB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    An important thing is the marketplace. If your ad is showing up for those users who need it, that is great but if there was a simple way to get to your audience quick...

RichardGB, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  16. trafficfor10

trafficfor10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the product, but my experience on both Facebook and especially twitter have been negative

trafficfor10, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  17. TargetedWebTraffic

TargetedWebTraffic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its so Powerful on Facebook and all social media, share your website and your topic in Group of Facebook ,

TargetedWebTraffic, Oct 18, 2014 IP