1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it time for additional CO-OP Advertising Networks?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by magikred, May 7, 2008.

Has anyone else noticed that a significant part of the CO-OP Advertising Network is dominated by a handful of UK financial companies?

The most notable companies are moneyexpert.com and moneyweb.com - who have been able to leverage the CO-OP network very successfully. In fact, moneyexpert.com has been so potent, there are numerous articles that ponder how on earth Google has not penalized them for link buying / exchanging, cloaking etc.

http://www.insiders-view.co.uk/money-expert-spam-their-way-to-1st-page-of-google/00110

http://www.internetbusiness.co.uk/25042008/why-spam-pays/

Now, I have no objection to any success achieved by anyone on the CO-OP network (I would love to be in the position of moneyexpert.com!). However, I do think that the CO-OP network (as it stands today) holds little value or potential for the thousands of smaller webmasters who simply don't have the huge web properties or deep pockets to purchase such sites for the purpose of accruing substantial CO-OP weight.

There does seem to be an imbalance of sorts, where a handful of big guns are soaking up the millions of links provided by everyone else. Maybe that is the nature of the beast... Maybe it is time to splash out on a hugely indexed PR 7 forum with 25,000,000 indexed pages that was established in 1995!...

Joking aside, maybe it is time Shawn created more CO-OP networks (perhaps a total of 10) to open things out a bit. Of course, he would have to ensure that a site can participate in one network only - otherwise we are back to square one by a factor of 10.

Thoughts, Comments, Corrections appreciated...

Kraig

magikred, May 7, 2008 IP
  2. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    How would that make any difference? Just because moneyexpert fills up most of the network there is still room for everyone else because its a PERCENTAGE share of the whole network. Mathematically, splitting it up into more than one network makes no difference whatsoever.

hasen, May 11, 2008 IP
  3. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you don't like the COOP and what coop is giving you, you can always go to another network with similar options
    I am happy with what the COOP give me at this time

pixads, May 13, 2008 IP
  4. ficgs

ficgs Guest

Best Answers:
    The influence of moneyexpert.com has decreased obviously... But still more than 125,000 Google backlinks :eek:

I'm now launching another Coop network... actually about 10 networks as distance between sites will be always superior to 8 :)

ficgs, Jun 20, 2008 IP