1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it still worth submitting to directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by -[z]-, May 27, 2009.

?

In your opinion is it still worth the effort submitting your sites to directories?

1. Yes, it is worth the effort.

38 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. No, won't waste time doing it.

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. chuckgs

chuckgs Member

Best Answers:
    There is (and should be) a huge difference between submitting your website to low PR directories and high PR directories. Submitting to directories is time consuming and might be costly but it is definetely worth it

chuckgs, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  2. I.am

I.am Peon

Best Answers:
    Since it would give you some PR4-5 do follow links
    yes why not

I.am, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  3. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Directory submission are still effective in SEO, but only good or high page rank directories are useful to get quality back link to your site..

afoley77, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. vallen Mcgill

vallen Mcgill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I still believe in directories with Page rank of 5 or more. Just check the history and alexa of directory ad its google backlinks, all these things make sure that whether a directory is worthy or not.

Check the directory in my signature and see its rankings, PA, DA, google backlinks, alexa and unique content. This type of directories still worth to submit.

vallen Mcgill, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  5. Technoduce

Technoduce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Select directories with high PR and submit your website, it has more value rather than submitting on zero PR or spam directories.

Technoduce, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  6. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey vallen Mcgill,
    Where is your signature, so that we can check for which directory you are saying about?

afoley77, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  7. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Good directories are worth submitting to. When deciding which directories are good and which are not, rather than pinning your brain to page rank, take a close look at the directory.

Other than providing paid backlinks, what purpose does it serve? Does it have the potential of directing anyone to anything? Are there enough useful sites listed to make the directory worthwhile? Does the category structure make sense? Is the directory following its category structure by placing sites in appropriate categories?

Look at the other sites in the category you're thinking about submitting your site to. Is it a bad neighborhood or a good neighborhood?

Good directories are indeed worth submitting to. I disagree with those who have said, in other venues, that being listed in a bad directory will hurt you. I don't believe that it will, so don't fret if you've made submission errors in the past, but being listed in a bad directory isn't going to help you, so it would be silly to waste your time or your money on what, in many cases, are little more than monetized free-for-all links.