1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it still possible to get a cheaper keywords on Google?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by primevector, Jan 4, 2006.

Hi people,

Everytime i plugin a list of keywords in Google adWords .. only between "" and [] ... i see huge prices. These keywords are all often multiple words together and not just 1 or two words?

It just seems impossible to find some keywords that have a nice price like $0.09 per click, they all start at 0.34 for me and rise like crazy ... even really long ones. Im not rich and at the moment can't afford to lose a lot of cash ... but i would love to play more with adWords.

How do all of you deal with this, and can you still find some of those cheaper words?

primevector, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  2. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually put cheap prices and wait til the expensive prices run out of their daily budget and get a few clicks, but not a lot though...

sixty6, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  3. primevector

primevector Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi cphosts,

Often keywords at adwords start around $0.25 minimal bid for me .... this is with loads of keywords. I personally find it kind of expensive cause i dont have a big budget. So i dont even see an option to wait out ... i often dont even get to play ;)

primevector, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  4. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually $0.25 for me isn't that bad because barely anyone clicks on Sponsored Listings for web hosting anymore...

sixty6, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  5. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is still possible depending on what product/service you're trying to sell and what industry you're in. If you're trying to sell and seo service, credit cards, ipods, or other mainstream stuff, be prepared to spend a lot.

If you are in a niche area with little competition, finding affordable keywords should be easy.

tesla, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  6. aGig

aGig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a hard time spending more than 10 cents a click because you do not really know what the traffic is. I find more value in putting money/time into SEO and links.

aGig, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  7. sitecritique

sitecritique Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an average CPC on one account of .05 and it gets me 2,500 visitors a day. Not bad. Some other sites, i have set to .07. It depends on competition in your space. Of course, i run adsense on the latter site, and I don't get much more than .10 per click in revs. Wish it was about mesothelioma!

sitecritique, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  8. wheel

wheel Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to be adverserial, but that's not how Adwords works. They don't show your ad steadily until your daily budget is over. Instead they do some estimation and targetting. They look at your budget (say it's $50/day), then estimate how many clicks you'd get - let's say they figure $100. In that case, they'll show your ad roughly every other search over the course of the entire day. In short, there's no 'waiting until someone's budget runs out'.

That being said, there is something to be said for keeping your max. daily budget as high as you can - particularly if you've got a high CTR and are holding top spot. By keeping your daily budget wide open, you get shown on every search - keeping your CTR high and thus your bid amount lower. If you're in that position and instead limit your daily budget you open up the top spot to your competitors who can then also take advantage of the higher CTR's in the top spots. And that then lets them use that higher CTR to compete against you.

wheel, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  9. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    Its definetly possible to get lower then .25 keywords but that would only be after starting your bids a bit higher, obtaining high CTR's and using the CTR incentive policy to your advantage.

narsticle, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  10. primevector

Best Answers:
    Weird i didnt get all the replies in my inbox, so im a bit late, but anyways.... Thanks for the advise guys. I thinking about buying a program that uncovers a good niche and cheap keywords .. any suggestions?

Does KeyWords Analyzer or adWords Analyzer help out ?

primevector, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  11. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can buy the program oviously hundreds of other people have already bought the same program making those cheap keywords not cheap anymore.

narsticle, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  12. primevector

Best Answers:
    I don't think thats true, cause there are loads and loads and loads of niches to choose from ... so perhaps a program could help weeding out those that will without a doubt be expensive ;)

primevector, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  13. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want clicks at the lowest average price try using the budget optimizer tool.

dburdon, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  14. primevector

Best Answers:
    For the fun of it i added some string to the adWords 'add keyword box' to see what it would cost and i really thought it could not be possible people entered a string like that so i cant be expensive ...but still it had a popular word in it.

$0.83 .... Thats what i would have to pay if this was for real!! ... "web page design and whatever shit happens" costs $0.83

Does google recognise "web page design" and then automatically ups the price ?

Another example "tjeez why does this cost so much money 123" $0.34 !!

primevector, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  15. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    I run several ongoing Adwords campaigns and seldom do I bid over $0.20 per keyword. In fact, the 20 cent mark is my built in limit when evaluating whether to run a campaign or not.

Mister Tut, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  16. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    True. I run an Adword campaign for a travel site. I must say the bids are very expensive :mad:

maldives, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  17. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    In many respects the pay per click advertising market functions extremely well. The supply and demand aspects ensure that popular and valuable terms go for higher rates and the less popular and valuable terms for close to zero.

Rising rates are a function of increased popularity or value.

dburdon, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  18. jcfinc

jcfinc Guest

Best Answers:
    Like most advertisers here, I can not or will not spend $3 per click any longer. For years I was spending $3,000 - $7,000 on Overture. I started working on specific keywords, example; "need a mobile home loan CA", which I could get for mere 10 cents. This helped!

Then I discovered free software called Good Keywords, which can be downloaded for free at www.goodkeywords.com. I took my top big money keywords and using their "Common Misspellings & Keystroke errors", compiled a list of common misspellings & key stroke errors from the actual Search engines, Yahoo & Google. One keyword phrase will key you as many as 150 common errors.

So a big keyword that I would normally pay $3 dollars for and would be lucky to be in the top 3. Now I pay 10 cents a click for a slightly altered version of that keyword and have #1 placement.

Because of this I am getting as many as 500 clicks per day and only paying 12 cents a click on average from Overture. This has reduced my click fraud and now see as much as 40% of my traffic being legitimate.

I have not tried this on Google as of yet, but I plan to in the next week and will post my results.

Jack

jcfinc, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  19. primevector

Best Answers:
    Yess that little program is great, i found it too the other day and really liked it as another program in the array :)

primevector, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  20. maildeepak

maildeepak Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Jack...

the funny thing is..i have been using good keywords for nearly 3 months...but never thought of searching for misspellings....thanx for reminding me of the service....

now i have taken ur advise..and tried something...i need ur help in how overture works...

for ex. audio digital player has 1428 searches...and max cpc is 0.60$
    one of its misspellings taken from the above software is:
    uadio digital player which has 0 searches and no bidders..:D

now my 2 doubts are:

now if i create a campaign with the misspelled keyword with cpc $0.10,

1. will my ad show up when some one is searching for audio digital player?
    2. assuming my ad shows up when someone is searching for 'audio digital player' and the searcher clicks on it, how much will i be billed? 61c or 10c ?

sorry for deviating a bit, but i thought this will also be useful here....

and thanx for the clarification in advance..

maildeepak, Jan 12, 2006 IP