1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it so difficult to sell any item from your AWS store?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ohcnetwork, Feb 26, 2005.

I was checking some other forum, and one person was saying how he cannot sell anything from his Amazon affiliate program. Is it so difficult to sell any item from your AWS store?
    SEMrush

ohcnetwork, Feb 26, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    That can depend on what you're selling, the level of traffic your site gets, the visibility of your store within the SEs and from a user's perspective etc.

What details of this other store can you let us know?

Lever, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  3. ohcnetwork

ohcnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I don't know; I only know who's running it. My guess is that it's not AWS, but it's one of those links you create using associate account user panel.

4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I have no problem at all (see stores in sig). I wish the returns where higher.

But I've put a lot of work into my stores to make sure they look decent, keywords match title match H1 match body, etc.

GTech, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  5. ohcnetwork

ohcnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    I just checked your site, and it looks good. Did you set up your store like that from the get-go or you made improvement over time? If so, did it affect your sales?

6. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice storefronts, GTech

I'm curious about how you handle the Amazon update requirments. Do you do the daily updates of product info and the hourly updates of pricing?

I see a lot of Amazon associates that do not follow Amazon't policies. Do you ever hear of anyone who gets wacked by Amazon for not doing this?

TechEvangelist, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  7. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    ohc, I initially had a free script on one of the domains to start. I wanted a shopping cart, so people would not have to buy one thing and transfer over to Amazon. I also wanted to eliminate as many references to amazon as possible, as I have this underlying suspicion that search engines will, or have, filtered out some of these.

After much research, I ended up buying Amazon Shop from www.ghostscripter.com . I've modified it quite a bit to my own needs and once I had it the way I wanted it, I updated the first site. I later created two more sites. I can't say whether it has helped or hurt sales, but I wanted something a bit more professional. I believe the traffic to the sites drives the sales.

TE, thank you for the kind comments. The script has a cache system. When a product is clicked to display, it checks the local cache on the server and if outdated, it pulls fresh data from Amazon. It takes care of all the back end tasks and requirements. I've not heard of anyone getting "wacked" by Amazon. I think most of the scripts out there handle the requirements.

GTech, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  8. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good Work Gtech. I like it. I am getting something like low x,xxx from amazon every quarter, which is indeed not GR8. But that is with zero work since last 1 year.

honey, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That's the key "wish the returns were higher." I've had no problems with Amazon either, however the return is absolutely dismal when compared to other things out there. I think of it as a "suplimental" addtion to a site. If it converts great.

Mia, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  10. lilquit

lilquit Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a free Amazon shopping cart anywhere?

lilquit, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  11. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    several of them. check at hotscripts.com

honey, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  12. lilquit

lilquit Peon

Best Answers:
    Which one do you suggest ?

lilquit, Feb 26, 2005 IP