1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it SEO wise to have identical titles for posts on the same website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by alexblack, May 29, 2017.

I have a website with 2 post types - Movies - with general movie details - similar to IDMB and Cinema Schedule Movies - some details about the movie and the times is going to be shown in a cinema.
    The titles will be the same in the end - Moonlight and Moonlight. The links will be different. Ideas?

alexblack, May 29, 2017 IP
  2. ErgoPrime

ErgoPrime Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea to have similar article that are original in the eyes of Google, but yet rank for the same keywords.

ErgoPrime, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks to me like the content of the articles will be different. Why not give them different titles? For instance: Moonlight Summary/Moonlight Plot Line and Moonlight Schedule/Moonlight Airing Times.

That seems to make sense to me but I could be misunderstanding what you're after here. I think Google will penalize you if both articles have the same exact title.

JoeSpirit, Jul 3, 2017 IP
  4. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend using different titles for different posts. If you prefer having “Moonlight” as the main title, but you would like to differentiate post types, I would suggest adding a subtitle based on/developed around your target keywords, for example “Moonlight – Movie Summary” and “Moonlight – Movie Timetable”. This way you will avoid creating confusion for your users, while optimizing SEO experience for long-tail keywords.

Gosuperb, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  5. SEOcrawler.io

SEOcrawler.io Peon

Best Answers:
    No it isn't wise. If you have original content give it an original title. Even if the topics are similar

SEOcrawler.io, Jul 15, 2017 IP