1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it secure to buy online??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by danyash, Oct 2, 2012.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Aaaah, no. It's about doing some research before you buy from a store that is new to you.

sarahk, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  2. Arsl An

Arsl An Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes it is safe to buy items online. You can buy items only from verified sites just like use everything seller for online shopping.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Arsl An, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  3. harleynash

harleynash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also used to think that but today it is so much comfortable to buy online that I just went with it.

harleynash, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  4. helpandhelp

helpandhelp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first time i bought something (book) online was through ebay and i was scared that it would throw some dust into my eyes but i saw no dust. You just need to be careful while doing business online. Online business has come to play a big role and it it a fact that it is spreading like wild fire. Love buying online now.

helpandhelp, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shopping on a reputable web site is a million times more safe than handing your credit card to a Waiter, Cashier, or even standing in line holding your card waiting for your turn.

NetStar, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  6. R. Martin

R. Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    Following good practices is totally secure to buy online. For example, it's recommended to buy from sites with good reputation, before buying it's important to check terms and conditions, also be sure that your computer doesn't have malware, never buy on sites where they ask you the card PIN, etc.

R. Martin, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  7. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    It depends from country to country. In certain parts of the world, online shopping can be a real mess. However, in developed countries, it is completely normal to purchase things online.

niksto82, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  8. CParkerWriting

CParkerWriting Peon

Best Answers:
    The well known sites like Ebay and Amazon can still have some issues as there are a lot of third party vendors that sell on them. The best thing to do is check their user ratings. If they have low ratings, or have only sold 1 item, take caution in dealing with them. If the price seems too good, and their ratings are low, I would avoid dealing with them. Also, if the item has reviews about it, like on Amazon, read those. If many of the reviews say the part doesn't fit, or it broke within a day, then you'll likely have the same experience. I've found in the past, if the price is low enough, I'd take a chance, even if the reviews aren't so good.....but more often than not, it doens't work out so good, so I put more stock in the user ratings and product reviews now.

CParkerWriting, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  9. Digville

Digville Peon

Best Answers:
    Even top sites are not 100% fool proof. However on any transaction page asking for credit card numbers, be sure the URL in the web address bar starts with https, not http. That means the numbers get encrypted; but the short answer is online shopping is secure. In a worse case scenario, your bank will defend your charge back with no or few questions asked.
    As far as fraud, it also depends on the service. I've been buying website traffic from people whom sell those items on top sites. And all but one company served bot traffic. Annoying.....

Digville, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  10. RajSingla

RajSingla Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have shopped online many times and all I look for is a reliable website. I don't buy from any random website. Do some research, see the reviews and then go for shopping online.

RajSingla, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  11. UndeadKorgy

UndeadKorgy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Give Amazon a try they are pretty secure checkout and have many things you or anyone would want in their shopping list. If your still insecure and can afford it, you can try and join Amazon's program [ Amazon Prime ] which they offer with some very nice benefits. I try to stray from Ebay because of the wrapped rock i got instead of an Xbox one but Amazon is a great choice, at least for me.

UndeadKorgy, Feb 19, 2016 IP
  12. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You may try ebay as it is well know company.

mentos, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  13. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have many times buy goods online! Maybe your problem is that you do not choose a reliable store! Before making a purchase, pay attention to reviews left by previous buyers of this online store! Also you have to read the information about registration, contacts and location of this store! When you are convinced that this store is safe to shop, then nothing will predict failure!

TomRider, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  14. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    I have purchased many products from online. I haven't face any problem yet. So my experience is good with online shopping.

xendurinan, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  15. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to buy?

Just use common sense and don't buy a 60" HDTV for $25.00 from a guy in Nigeria, you should be alright.

If you're really that paranoid, only shop on sites starting with https and use Paypal as much as possible.

Matthew Sayle, Mar 16, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  16. Kate Evans

Kate Evans Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi! If you even have failed with online shopping, it is not a reason to refuse from this type of shopping! Just do not forget to read all the possible reviews of the selling products, seller, website and after that you should decide to buy a required product on this website or no. I am sure you will find online shopping really easy and convenient for you.

Kate Evans, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No wonder my t.v. never arrived! And all this time I just presumed that it was an issue with the Nigerian Postal Service!..........(my bad):eek:

Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  18. yuyun

yuyun Member

Best Answers:
    that's right .., or looking shop online with high reputation in your country to begin.

yuyun, Mar 23, 2016 IP
    deltamas likes this.