1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it really too much to ask for an email from DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by MOG, Jan 16, 2008.

1. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I may be a bad boy to most editors but one thing sure here that me is not corrupt and look at the bright side I am helping the directory grow especially my multi account. :D

Nah no names please and lets keep it that way. :D

popotalk, Jan 18, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  2. Alucard

Alucard Peon

Best Answers:
    Not Anonymous, but maybe I can chime in -

First, there was a crash at the ODP about 18 months ago where all submissions were lost. if you haven't submitted since then, you might want to do it again.
    Second, which top-level branch did you submit the site? Some branches get a lot more editor attention than others.
    Third, have you considered getting a peer review done on your site, to see if others have feedback for you on why your site may not be included?

Hope some of these help a bit.

Alucard, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Eric - If it was submitted anytime prior to 2007 just resubmit it. Submissions queue died in the crash of late 2006. I promise you it isn't in the system if it was submitted 5 1/2 years ago.

BTW - When resubmitting, do not follow the directions onscreen that say to hit the back button if Captcha screws up. It HAS given people some problems and the directions ARE incorrect as written, so take necessary precautions with what you type. If it doesn't go thru it does have to be started over. Sorry, but better forewarned than surprised.

[added: I shoulda read Alucards post before responding. Oh well, consider it "confirmation"]

robjones, Jan 18, 2008 IP
    popotalk and lightless like this.
  4. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So lying and cheating is not corrupt, that's a good basis for being an honest editor. Glad I don't live in your world poopo the liar.

Anonymously, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  5. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wtf is your problem revr, pffttt. Your not gay are you or a pedophile from your organization ? A piece of advice, put down the pipe and stop smoking that sh*t, it doesn't do you any good and cloud's your tiny piece of brain. Don't let that consume you. :rolleyes::D

Now back to the question of the OP.

I do send an email if necessary otherwise I don't.

6. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Oh, dear, temper tantrums too, goes well with the nose picking.

You told us you were an editor and to get in you must have lied and cheated, just answer TRUE/FALSE.

Trouble is you is so much of a liar now we don't know if we can believe anything you say.

7. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All I can say is I like Eddie Guerrero. ;)
    Is it hard to become an editor ?
    1. I look for a smaller category.
    2. I apply with sites that is considered acceptable with right title and description.
    3. I ask my friends in the US, Europe, Middle East, Canada, South America or Asia. Filipinos are all over the world. (married or unmarried)
    4. I log in a public library or let them do the editing with my instructions at their own IP.

Or are you jealous that a 5th grader is smarter than you. :D

8. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Well accomplished, self admitted liar and cheat. I don't call that smart at all, prisons are full of such, or is that where you post from?

As I said, don't expect any belief in anything you say, who could believe such a person.

9. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you.
    Ahh the reverend spoke. Haven't you lied and cheated in your life ? You must be one hella of a saintly being.
    Well, whatever you say honey, street smart outweighs the book smart. :D
    Been there done that. But not a wolf posing as a lamb. Go read your Bible.
    Whatever you say honey pie I'm already in and to the editors who gave me Greens you know that I will edit quietly this time promise. :p

Theres powder and a lotion to choose take your pick. :D

10. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This reminds me about a blog post I made a few months back (cue self serving blog promotion on my part)

The Wizards of DMOZ

Where a friend of mine whom I have no reason to doubt (I know the person offline) told me that they had successfully PAID an editor for a listing... I wonder if popotalk is an editor on that cat ;)

MOG

MOG, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice blog MOG and Marbella is a nice place. I am very familiar of your place as I used to be there a long time ago in Estepona designated as a bodyguard for a very rich Saudian while I was at the service. Friends are still there in Marbella, San Pedro de Alcantara, Puerto Banus and Nueva Andalucia. I miss the night life in Puerto Banus as my former employer has the biggest luxury yacht parked in there besides of that of the brothers of the King of Saudi Arabia. I also miss the Hacienda de Toros in the mountains owned by Don Ramon Sorela Conde de Namur.
    Estuve trabajando ayi hace mucho ano antes y todavia lo acuerdo mis palabras. :p

Now for your question, I don't think I edit in that category but if ever I will I'll make sure I send you a rejection e-mail. :D

popotalk, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  12. MOG

MOG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I take it you mean "ashmawi" as the owner of the biggest yacht next to the saudi ones?

As coincidence would have it I used to work for Nakachian about 10 years ago, :0

as for the nightlife in puerto banus, well I have spent a good 8 years of my life drunk in la comedia, dreamers and scream, with a bit of devils, news cafe and mumbai cafe thrown in for good measure!!!

I look forward to receiving your rejection letters mate LOL!!

MOG

EDIT: Ps. I lived in nueva andalucia from '97 to '07, and now live in coin, so Ive moved inland a bit, but have much more space !

MOG, Jan 19, 2008 IP