1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to sell downloads for free?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by elieobeid7, Jan 22, 2011.

I am selling an album for someone online, it costs 13$, I've been using payloadz but they disabled my account coz it reached 50$ and they ask me to upgrade it for 14$ a month, this is insane, i'm not gonna do that, you don't know when somebody is going to buy your goods, they might buy 1 every month so I'm not gonna pay 14$ and win 13$, i will be losing money and I can't change the price of the album...no way...So is there another free service? Or at least a service that charge me on each sale rather than a monthly fee? and pay me through paypal?

On more thing,,, When you give me the alternative service, it has to have java uploader or ftp uploader or an uploader like the one you find on payloadz coz i can't upload the file without these tools, I tried many services but they upload the file when i click continue without any tool and i receive a message saying that the file is too large contact your cache admin....

the file the i want to sell is a zip, it contains 10 mp3 songs and the file size is about 28 MB....Could you help?

If you didn't find anything that could help me...then i just wanna say that the singer has a domain name but it is still under construction so i could upload the file using ftp to the domain and use paypal to sell it but please give me the instructions to make it as secure as possible and tell me how to do it.

elieobeid7, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  2. avermat

avermat Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if I know if a free service that delivers that downloads automatically, although I would be interested in hearing if there are any.
    Have you tried e-junkie? It costs $5 per month and would allow the 28MB file.

avermat, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  3. elieobeid7

elieobeid7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes i know about it ....i have about 10 email address so i opened another account at payloadz and i can sell the album for free....when the account reaches 50$ they will not allow me to sell it so I will open another account :D

i have about 10 emails and i'm gonna use them :D and when i create the website to the singer I'm gonna create my own store using php and paypal button and i won't use any service :D

4. avermat

avermat Member

Best Answers:
    What about TuneCore? Or do you not want to list it in those stores...

avermat, Jan 22, 2011 IP
    elieobeid7 likes this.
  5. elieobeid7

elieobeid7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We'll I can't use Itune store coz it doesn't accept people living in lebanon - Like me so I either have to create my own php mysql store or i have to use

http://www.tunecore.com/

reverbnation.com or somewhere else :D

I have never built a store using php and never signed up for such service before because I'm not a singer :p though Pavarotti told me that my voice is finer than his :D :D

So if you believe that tunecore is the best I'm gonna use it :D

6. avermat

avermat Member

Best Answers:
    Well I don't have any personal experience with Tunecore so you will have to try it out for yourself. But I think these options would be easier than building your own store especially if you're only making a few sales per month. So TuneCore or CDBaby or ReverbNation. Might be best to find a musicians forum to find out other people's specific experiences with these companies. Good luck!

avermat, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  7. elieobeid7

elieobeid7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thx bro you helped a lot

elieobeid7, Jan 24, 2011 IP