1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to rent someones blog for a post?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by joch21, Nov 17, 2005.

Im thinking of new ideas to draw traffic to my art website. My website is based around selling Authentic Salvador Dali works among other things. About a year or 2 ago the Dali art market was killed by reports of fake Dalis comming into the art scene. Things have since settled but Its not the same. Some people are still warry of buying art online.

Im thinking a decent form of advertising would be to have someone who runs a decently popular art blog to write a post about buying online and somehow credit my website as a decent source. Does anybody know a decent way to go about this or do I just have to start emailing all the art blog owners I can find?

Thanks for any advise.

joch21, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  2. charlieuk

charlieuk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, it's an interesting concept. It's true that sales increase through personal referrals. Essentially, what you're asking someone to do is plug your service, effectively you're asking for a joint venture. For a joint venture to be successful, both parties have to gain something out of it.

I know many webmasters that bend at the mere hint of additional greenbacks, however I'm not so sure about blog owners. These are personal postings, they have loyal readers, perhaps they will need a lot more convincing to make a recommendation than us regular webmasters, I don't know.

Personally, I think you will need to allow a blog owner to test your service, maybe they receive a free piece of artwork or something.... find out what their hook is and work on that. Another way would be to offer them a percentage of all sales that originate from their site, similar to an affiliate scheme, this is a win win situation for both parties.

The old way is cold hard cash of course :)

charlieuk, Nov 17, 2005 IP