1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to make a website that does not show in user's histories?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Becky Beyer, May 1, 2013.

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this, so please let me know if it should be somewhere else or feel free to move it!

I work for the local crisis and domestic violence center, and we are trying to determine if there is a way to make a webpage that either automatically opens in a private browsing window, or that will not save any record on a user's computer. For example, if I were to open my browser and type in www.mcvprevention.org, is there a way to design the page so that it automatically opens a new private browsing page on my computer so that I don't have to open one myself? Or possibly just block itself from being stored in the browsing history/autofill? (Many of our clients or potential clients need to keep visits to our site confidential for obvious reasons.)

Currently, our site has a "quick escape" button that will change the page to Google and isn't supposed to take you back to our site when you hit the "back" button, but we are discovering that that feature only works if you visit another site before ours. Our site also shows up in the browsing history and the autofill in the address bar.

Not having any web design experience, I'm curious to know if any professionals out there (or knowledgeable hobbyists!) have any idea if this is even possible, and if we would have to completely re-design our website to make it work.

Thank you so much in advance!
    Becky Beyer, May 1, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know of any way to do this for a website but you could inform your users to use "Incognito" private browser settings so they are not leaving so easy a trace to find.

Not ideal obviously but one small step you can take at least.
    Revelations-Decoder, May 1, 2013 IP
  3. Becky Beyer

Becky Beyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! That's what we're currently doing, I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask! :)
    Becky Beyer, May 3, 2013 IP