1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to have two or multiple domains on one server?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by JohnsonAdam, Mar 4, 2017.

I have bought host and server on Goddady and it offered me a free domain. I used it to promote my one product. Now I intend to buy one more domain in Goddady to promote other products. Is it fine to have two domains using the same server? Does the previous domain affect badly to the latter? How about more than two domains?
    Thanks for your help!

JohnsonAdam, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  2. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it whouls not be a problem to have two or more domains with them.
    Not sure what you exactly want, but some hosting packages supports hosting only one domain. Some hosting packages allows hosting multiple domain's websites/account.

postcd, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  3. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends what exactly you have bought as a hosting server. If it allows to have multiple domains, then you have no worries, but you should check that. Check your server resources and let us know what exactly you have.

Allen James, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check if your hosting package permits multiple add-on domains. If it isn't a basic package it probably does in my experience.

You would host any domain beyond the top level in your package as an add-on. Your hosting support should be able to help you with this question.

JoeSpirit, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  5. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While the GoDaddy does limit the number of hosted domains to 1 on its cheapest shared hosting, it used to be possible (and possibly still is) to host multiple sites on that that account by parking a second domain and pointing it to the main account and then using mod_rewrite in htaccess to rewrite requests for that second domain to a subfolder which then serves up the second site like an add-on. I used to do it when I was a foolish newb and used GoDaddy.

billzo, Mar 4, 2017 IP
  6. JohnsonAdam

JohnsonAdam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your sharing and your help :D

JohnsonAdam, Mar 5, 2017 IP