1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to get my tweets to link back to my site?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Alma Garcia, Aug 2, 2017.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and to twitter. I am reaching out to you guys because my boss wants
    to know if there is any way to get tweets with images to redirect viewers to our website.
    I know we can add links to tweets, however this is not what we're looking for.

We want to direct the reader to our site without them having to click on the url.
    I've seen a few sites achieve this. For example brainyquote.com if you tweet any of their quotes
    they're automatically embedded, and if you click on the tweet it re-directs you automatically back to their site. How are they doing this?

I've tried googling the solution but I'm not exactly sure what you would call that phenomenon as I am fairly new to twitter.

We have been able to achieve this in the past via paid advertising, but would love to know brainyquote's method.

What I find interesting is that their own personal tweets won't link back to their site, however if you choose to tweet any of the images found on their website they do link back. Is it because they have a tweet button next to all of their content?

I hope this all makes sense and hope you guys can help me.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Alma Garcia, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can do it.

I found a couple of examples by following your brainyquote suggestion

https://twitter.com/Ask_ADad/status/892792607872569344
    https://twitter.com/ShoeProjectCAN/status/892725490750038018
    Shows an image but clicking the image keeps you in twitter - you have to click the link in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/peern2/status/892795054376591361
    shows a thumbnail of the page and some text but it's using the link in the tweet as the preview

Can you share a link to a tweet where it is working?

sarahk, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  3. debbie hansen

debbie hansen Member

Best Answers:
    If you mean you would edit your old tweets to add the link, it would be impossible. In Twitter, you cannot really edit old tweets. The best way is to repost the tweets as good as new.

debbie hansen, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  4. Glenn48

Glenn48 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can easily put the link into the tweet by just copy and paste, if you the feel the character length is small. you can also use bitly or goo.gle(link shortener) to short your link. If you want to edit your old link, there is no option. You have to repost the tweet. :)

Glenn48, Aug 4, 2017 IP