1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to extract entire blogspot blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Saputnik, May 9, 2020.

Is it possible to save/export/download/print/whatever all posts, including comments, from a blog into .pdf files?

I don't mean my blog, with access to dashboard, but any blog, the one I access as reader.

I'd like to preserve as .pdf and/or to print some blogs I have been reading for a long time; they all have thousands of posts, so opening and exporting posts one by one is not an option. Several of those blogs are at blogspot, and several on self-hosted WP.

Site scrapper such as HTTrack is halfway to what I want; it downloads everything in one go, but then I have to convert .htm files to .pdf and merge them. Is there a neater way I can transform a blog into nice e-book?

Thanks in advance.

Saputnik, May 9, 2020 IP
  2. investinternals

investinternals Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not possible to pdf file but possible to xml file. This is because if you want to upload it to any other platform like blogger to wordpress, they will not allow pdf but should have an xml file in place.

You can easily download your posts by visiting the blogger settings>Other and from there import or backup contents to xml file to your PC

there are online tools available to convert but no tools to convert all the posts at a time.

investinternals, May 27, 2020 IP
  3. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    @investinternals thank you for your input, but it seems you missunderstood my question. I do not want to export my blog, I don't have access to its dashboard. I want to export others people blogs to single .pdf file, for simplicity of reading, and to preserve them in case they dissapear, as happens with blogs.

Saputnik, May 28, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    archive.org takes care of the preserving thing.

They have a tool for academic references where they take a snapshot of the page and give you a permalink. Those snapshots don't appear to go into the wayback machine but are listed in your panel.

sarahk, May 28, 2020 IP