1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to exclude keywords somehow ?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Noud, Nov 21, 2005.

Hey,

After reading through a bunch of the posts here I started to get more serious about targeting the right traffic.

I would like to know if it is possible to let the bots know to exclude certain key phrases.

For example .. one of my new age domain names also contains the name of a 'popular' canadian(?) rock band. In google I list approx. #6 on a search for the band if they only type the band name at the google prompt ...
    Of course these visitors dont get what they search for, and leave within a second.

I would like to somehow let the bots know that they are mistaking a part of my domain name for the rock-band site. Any chance ??

-Noud

Noud, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  2. Xmember

Xmember Peon

Best Answers:
    wow isn't this an opportunity for you... to make some money on clicks.
    Just add a small prominent link to another internal page with something about the band with adsense or YPN. they are surely going to click away ... may be you dont care...

I had been looking around for the same, i have a meditation website which talks a little about sex... but i get serps for some... sexual phrases which is sort of annoying when you have to share your site stats...

I looked around and there is no mechanism and people are happy with extra traffic... except a few like us. keep us posted if you find any technique...

Xmember, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  3. Noud

Noud Peon

Best Answers:
    I find this really strange. I had hoped there was something as a meta tag like "banwords" but .. no ho .. the only thing you can do is to remove the words from your site... but I cant remove them from my domain name ...

-Noud

Noud, Nov 24, 2005 IP
  4. idolw

idolw Peon

Best Answers:
    act as a scraper :)
    at the top of the page, put:
    Are you searching for [bandname]? Sorry, we are not about it. We do this and that. More info can be found here:
    and put adsense.
    LOL sounds stupid, but could make some clicks if the band is so popular and this site is not the very primary site of yours.

why don't you use the Dissatisfied link at the bottom right hand side of google search results and tell them, their robot is being misslead?

idolw, Nov 24, 2005 IP