1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to create an RSS from MySQL that does this...

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by autoaffiliateprogram, Aug 10, 2013.

Hi,

I want to set up the following, but don't know if this can be done...

I have a MySQL database with 100 entries... I add a new entry once per week.

I want to create an RSS feed that sends out a message about number 1 on the database, then 2 days later, sends out a message for item number 2. It continues to do this, sending out an RSS feed every 2 days as it goes through the entire database. When it gets to the last item i have added it starts again at item one, and continually goes around in a loop sending out an RSS feed every 2 days.

Can this be done? And if so.... How?
    Thank you :)

autoaffiliateprogram, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    "sending out an RSS feed"?

RSS feeds don't get "sent out", they're static files that sit on your server waiting for bots to come and get them.

There is no reason why your feed can't be generated on request and based on some variable (day of the week, increment from the last time it was generated) it can be generated to have a different order on the posts it displays.

It will then be up to you to find something to ping the RSS bots to come and get your new version of the feed.

sarahk, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  3. autoaffiliateprogram

autoaffiliateprogram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips... I kinda get it a bit more now. I'll do some tweaking, set up something to ping it and wait for those bots! The ping bit is gonna be the problem, I was thinking of just setting my homepage to do it, but that won't work when I'm on holiday. Hmmmm.....

autoaffiliateprogram, Aug 11, 2013 IP