1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to create a website like this for copywriter?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Tamida, Feb 29, 2016.

Hello,

Our team have a plan to create a website that have some features like:

- Pay for writer each post they wrote, after approved (can pay for character and post views also).
    - Writer will get revenue-share from our ad display revenue.
    - Writer will have a profile page that display writer information, writer total post (can also known as portfolio), a "Hire me" button for who want to hire writer. It will display like your online CV

So, after all, writer only need to writing posts, our marketing team will have mission to promote them, so more you post -> more view -> more earning.

As a copywriter, can you please give us some recommendations?

Thank you very much!

Tamida, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  2. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    First thoughts, off the top of my head:

1. Paying for every post will make you go bankrupt. You WILL get a flood of cheap-ass crap writers who post utter rubbish to get paid. If you're going to check every post, you will have to pay the people doing the checking, so your quality is much better but you pay two people for every post (writer and checker).

2. Fixed rates will make you go bankrupt, for the same reason.

3. Revenue share is dead, unless you are HubPages and have a gigantic community of active writers who can inter-promote for legitimate ad views (i.e. millions of people). Ad revenue simply isn't enough, because no rev share site ever appears on organic searches - no traffic, no revenue.

4. Always, always, always plan for the scumbag assholes who will look for loopholes in your system and exploit what they find. Never trust your members to be ethical or honest - yes, there will be some who are awesome and have the same ideals as you, but 97% of your signups will want the money and nothing else. Protect yourself.

5. My opinion? Build a system that pays writers once it has paid you. The only time you should ever make a payment to a member without earning first is if the content has gone through a manual check to ensure you will get paid in the end (and you have money to invest). Anything else means you'll pay out of pocket, which risks your entire business for the people who abuse, not the honest members.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    WLEadmin, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  3. Tamida

Tamida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for those fantastic suggestions from you! ;)

Tamida, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  4. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. Feel free to ask if you have specific thoughts. Can't guarantee spending hours figuring things out for you, but happy to offer an opinion if I have one. I've had to update WLE several times to avoid problems (and bankruptcy).

WLEadmin, Mar 1, 2016 IP