1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is it me? or are monthy payments a way to keep our commission %'s lower

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by skattabrain, Jan 25, 2007.

when it comes to amazon, now-a-days anyway, i need the full 3 months to break into the higher paying commission structures.

often, it only becomes appealing around end of month 2 ... barely made $650 last quarter ... before Google smashed aws sites i was making that times 10 every quarter ... that's another story though.

it just seems to me, that paying us monthly is going to keep most affiliates commission rates in the lower bracket ... essentially boosting amazon's profits. heck at this rate ... i wish i was getting paid twice a year! it would make the total payout so much better.

am i missing something? or is amazon pretending to do us a favor by paying us more often and less?

skattabrain, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  2. bestoptimized

bestoptimized Peon

Best Answers:
    The commissions haven't really changed. The quarterly levels were divided by three to make the monthly levels. It's exactly the same as the quarterly rates. The only way it would be better on the quarterly is if you made alot more one month than the other two months.

bestoptimized, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  3. GeneKavner

GeneKavner Peon

Best Answers:
    GeneKavner, Jan 25, 2007 IP
    vthomas likes this.
  4. vthomas

vthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input, Gene. I've been reading a lot of your posts and viewed your website, it is incredibly useful and much appreciated.

vthomas, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  5. GeneKavner

GeneKavner Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comment, affordabook -- my pleasure!

GeneKavner, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  6. Nite

Nite Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do think amazon has decreased the likelihood that a person, with low sales, will achieve a higher payout bracket. They have in effect shortened the time that one has to make sales in order to qualify for a higher percentage of performance pricing. Those moving a high enough volume per month will not be affected in the sense that their high volume will qualify them for higher performance commissions. However, new affiliates who sell less items on a monthly basis will be less likely to move up the commission scale in one month as opposed to three.

So, I look at Amazon's payouts in the sense that they are skewing toward the high volume sellers, and skewing away from the lower volume affiliates.

In essence, Amazon's has streamlined one important variable: time. The longer time that one has to make sales, the more likely low volume sellers will move up the scale. The less time that low volume affiliate have to move products, the less likely it will be that they will qualify for a higher earned percentage.

Nite, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  7. vthomas

vthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    I just enrolled in late December, so I am not sure how the old system worked, but if they payments were quarterly at least now you receive your commissions quicker right? I think I read that there is a 60 day window after each month for payments (I assume to wait on returns) but at least you will get monthly checks after the first initial 2 month period.

To the smaller sites who might be getting by month to month on their expenses, at least that helps. Personally I like a check every month better (at least right now), as I am only using revenue to fund my site after my initial investment (which is almost entirely used, so the checks need to start rolling in from CJ/amazon/google/etc :))

vthomas, Jan 26, 2007 IP