1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it legal to read books and write content "not the same " from that books

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by SUPER!HERO, Dec 6, 2016.

Hi there
    i'm asking in general and about google "adsense&ranking" specially
    what about if i interested in some field and read book for example and write content from that
    i mean not the same content but it generated from that book

thanks for you
    best regards,,

Solved! View solution.
    SUPER!HERO, Dec 6, 2016 IP
    If your content is the same, it's plagiarism.
    If your content is the same but in different words, you'd be walking a dangerous line. Copyright law is flexible and variable: it'd almost certainly still be plagiarism.
    If your content is different, but includes things you learned from the book - and ideally from others, from your experience and from other non-book sources - then it's your content.

Put simply, plagiarism (theft) applies to ideas as well as the exact words (though I don't know where the line is drawn between copyright and intellectual property). Even if you change all the words, it's still theft. And there's a wide, murky area where legality and ethics are mixed up together. Rewording everything and changing some stuff may make it legal (or not), but it would still be unethical.

That's a layman's point of view. A legal person would offer potentially more accurate information.

WLEadmin, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  3. SUPER!HERO

SUPER!HERO Member

Best Answers:
    WLEadmin Thanks for you very much for this useful information
    "If your content is different, but includes things you learned from the book - and ideally from others, from your experience and from other non-book sources - then it's your content." that what i mean to learn from books and write as i understand what's i learn?

SUPER!HERO, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  4. SUPER!HERO

SUPER!HERO Member

Best Answers:
    and what about write content from some book and list that book in the references of the post does it ok?

SUPER!HERO, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  5. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's obviously best to read several books, articles, forums and others, so you're not just rewriting one source. You'll add value by drawing conclusions, analysing what you've learned, etc.

WLEadmin, Dec 8, 2016 IP