1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it just me, or......

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Redleg, Mar 24, 2005.

I was just checking the DP keyword tracker now (like I do almost every day), and the results wasn't very impressive, to say the least..

RED almost all over the line..
    And not just the "usual" 5-10 up/down, but 50-150 down, and several keywords are totally gone as well.
    I did also check with google.com and they're still there, but way down the SERPS (+200 down), so they haven't been banned/dropped, just sent way down..

All kinds of keywords have dropped, not just high competitive ones that I've used COOP weight on.
    But also many with low/no competition that I haven't used a single external link to get a #1 position for.
    Several of them have also been #1 in google for at least a year, barely without any movement at all..

My first thought was that someone may have copied my site and made a duplicate one.
    But I've checked most of the pages on copyscape.com and Google and I can't find anything there..
    My site, and many of the pages that have dropped are PR 5 and PR 6.
    And as far as I know it wouldn't be easy to push them down/off the SERPS without having a higher PR on the duplicate site anyway??? :confused:

The last time I saw this many red results in the tracker was just after/during the last major google algo change..

Drops similar to this has happened before (but not as bad as this) and I've always climbed up again pretty fast, so I'll give it a couple of days before I (really) start to panic.. :)

But I just wondered if anyone else is seeing "red" today, or is it just me?? :(

Redleg, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  2. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree and say my keyword tracker results are the complete opposite, all green. I would just put it down to some sort of update, start worrying if its the same in a couple of days.

l234244, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Same here... today I saw an much higher number of greens than normal.

digitalpoint, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  4. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    I'm still pretty calm (especially considering all of the "redlights" I've just witnessed) :)

It's good to hear that your both seeing some unusual activity today (even if it's on the green side), that makes me a bit more relaxed..
    I just hope that this is a temporary flux for me, since I've been climbing steadily for most of those keywords the last few weeks/months..

Redleg, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  5. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    I had a big site go all red, completely wiped off the map in the tracker. Checking for many of the keywords on G, they were still where they were yesterday.

chachi, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  6. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    Been reading through some posts on a couple of other webmaster related forums, and it appears that many others are seeing this as well..

So I guess it's not just me.. (phew..) :p

Maybe a new Google algo update/change soon??

Redleg, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  7. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    All I know is my site has not recovered from the 3feb update. The number of kw's that even rank in the top 100 are very few, none now in the top ten and most just don't rank at all. What the hell is going on over there at google?

mopacfan, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  8. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    Good question... :(

Yahoo and MSN are doing great, but google's been highly unstable recently. (at least for the KWs I'm monitoring).
    Many of the sites ranking over me now for the KWs I used to be #1-#2 for (until today) on google are clearly just useless and spammy sites... :mad:

Redleg, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  9. bustour

bustour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm always up and down. One day one word will disappear, the next day another and the other one shows up again. The general trend though, longterm, seems to be gradually upward...so that's good.

bustour, Mar 24, 2005 IP