1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it just me or does one of the better forums out have one of the worst communities?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by mnymkr, Jun 24, 2006.

Man it is strange. I hear about SMF. I have learned a lot and learned to love SMF. But out of every forum i am part of, I bet I get one reply on every 10 things I post. And those aren't usually helpful. Just find it ironic.

mnymkr, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You talking about the SMF support forums?

I would have to agree. Not one of the more useful or helpful support environments for forum software, or related software. I have always managed to get responses or assistance on the phpbb forums relatively quickly, and other places like mkportal the response time and help is amazing.

SMF I probably still have some questions there that never got answered from a year ago.

aeiouy, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  3. Borghunter

Borghunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm working on a mod for SMF and posted there about 2 weeks ago, still waiting for a response. Probalbly going to ditch the project as by the time I get a reply I'll be into vBulletin.

Borghunter, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  4. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah its really odd. Just to answer simple question , the community makes it seem like a hassle.

It is a great forum and not difficult to theme once someone leads you in the right direction.

I think they should have a list of php snippets to can be used to display menu items. I mean thats all they are.

mnymkr, Jun 26, 2006 IP