1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it illegal to have a warez site ?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by outanmax, Jun 26, 2012.

So, I made a blog/site on blogger. It is about Nulled Scripts, Templates etc. (no soft, games,movies!) But now i want to mighrate from blogger to wordpress or joomla.

My question is:

1. Then I migrate to wordpress/joomla and want to use webhosting (hostgator, justhost, bluehost etc.) and will continue my warez site what the consequences may be? I am not US citezen (I am from Europe, Lithuania). - (I am not hosting any files/images on my webhosting)
    2. If it is illegal and I can get banned/blocked for it ... why sites like scriptmafia, scriptmasters etc. still live? :confused:

Thank you.

outanmax, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  2. vbulletinuser

vbulletinuser Peon

Best Answers:
    You may not get banned, however, you will keep yourself off from monetizing options such as adsense, etc.

vbulletinuser, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  3. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can run successfully the warez websites. Hostgator will not suspend the website until they get the DMCA.What about others don't know.And hide your ISP ,it give you more opportunity to go long with the warez websites.Warning- Warez is not a legal ,may be you have to suffer or the website may be seized by FBI like filespump,megaupload etc. specially .com websites.

humtuma, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  4. mikkola.antti

mikkola.antti Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a hosting provider and I don't accept warez. Warez will be counted as illegal act and will always get you in trouble, if you get takedown notice by DMCA.

I do not recommended to run warez site.

mikkola.antti, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  5. gotrox

gotrox Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's very illegal as you're giving away software that normally cost money. This should just be common sense.

gotrox, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  6. BSMedia

BSMedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    1st, why would you want to meddle in such affairs? If its not illegal it's highly immoral.

2nd, yes you will eventually lose all your content and face possible criminal prosecution for content you host. All it takes is a few simple DMCA notices

3rd. Scriptmafia etc etc or whatever are probably hosted in countries that do not respect DMCA notices, and their webmasters probably live in countries where it is not illegal.

I suggest checking your countries laws.

BSMedia, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  7. outanmax

outanmax Banned

Best Answers:
    I live in lithuania but I want to host my website (warez) on Swedish or Russian servers, I head that they are not respect DMCA notices.

outanmax, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  8. ViperBlood

ViperBlood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm running a warez site from last one and half year...check my sig...also i worked in lots of warez sites...[Don't remember how many site :rolleyes:]
    Only you've to away from US server and follow DMCA notice....
    Also you can earn from your site..by adding some ads....[No adsence]
    Also these webhosting (hostgator, justhost, bluehost etc) not for warez site....
    TRY: these shared hosting
    EzyHost.me,
    Servode.com [NL server only]
    Shineservers.Com
    OneBestHosting.com [NL only]
    HiloHost.com
    Host4offshore.com [NL only]
    and lots of other webhost avilable..............

If you've any problem...PM.....regarding warez site

ViperBlood, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  9. a9entropy

a9entropy Member

Best Answers:
    It's almost a Grey Area.
    A Warez Forum is kind of safe, as the Users post stuff.
    On the other hand, a warez blog is more risky, since the Admins are the ones who post warez stuff.

a9entropy, Jun 29, 2012 IP
    egexa likes this.
  10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Get real, for f@cks sake, warez is illegal and thats all there is to it and you obviously know this anyway unless you are a total retard, this is not the place to ask this kind of stupid question, this is a webmaster forum not a warez forum and thieving warez scammers are not welcome, so why dont you just f@ck off.

malky66, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  11. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It completely depends on your home country and server location's country.

Linking to warez is actually not illegal in many places, but hosting warez or having a LOT of traffic will get you in trouble.

If you want your own warez site, get your own domain, get your own hosting package, get your own dedicated IP, and have fun.

Traditione, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And what about being morally wrong??, have you ever worked for weeks on end building a script only to find some thieving c@nt has distributed it on some gay warez site??
    No i bet you haven't, anyone that is involved in warez or nulling other peoples scripts is a criminal and should be treated as such

malky66, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  13. Traditione

Best Answers:
    Well malky66, your bet was a losing one, sorry to say.

I've certainly had ebooks I wrote and bots I wrote given away for free even on forums I was a member of.
    I've had guides I gave people on SEO turned into WSOs and sold.
    I've had blog posts and articles copy/pasted and credit taken for authorship.
    Do I care? How can I? This is the nature of creative work; it gets added into the ether and becomes a part of the collective.

You've never downloaded any song/movie/game/software, listened/watched to anything on youtube, never burned anything for anyone?

Is it morally wrong because this affects you and not a big corporation?
    Should I honestly care about someone who's copied your work because you didn't protect the script enough? Plenty of software that is pretty darn uncrackable, so perhaps you should have coded better.

What about musicians who hear their melody copied and twisted a little bit?
    What about movie directors who have their innovative new technique copied and used over and over?
    What about the author who creates a clever turn-of-phrase only to have that copy and pasted over and over in sub-par literature?

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

Your brilliant new ideas aren't brilliant or new, they're just deviations of older ideas you got from other people.

Sincerely, if you think you've done anything by your self, with only your own abilities, you are experiencing unwarranted delusions of grandeur.

14. riemens

riemens Peon

Best Answers:
    its illegal.... the good old warez times are over since rapidshare und co

riemens, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well perhaps you dont care that your work is distributed for free, perhaps you dont care because it was crap in the first place or perhaps you dont care because you stole it from someone else, i dont know nor do i care, all i care about is my work being taken apart and "nulled" by retarded thieving twats,
    fact is its illegal and if you just want to sit back and watch it happen thats up to you, i go after everyone that i find using my scripts illegally and usually succeed in getting sites taken down,
    If any one seriously thinks they are going to be successful using some stolen nulled crap then they are seriously retarded and should choose another career path,

malky66, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  16. Traditione

Best Answers:
    ^ supremely antagonized. hilarious

You're not very business minded, are you? Not very willing to turn a bad situation into a good one either, I see.

My ebooks were distributed because they had great content. They made me enough money, so I didn't really care. In fact, sales kept coming in while it was being downloaded for free. I made a torrent of my own product and made an upsell and got people to sign up for a monthly subscription service by giving my product away for free. I could have turned it into a PLR or MRR product and handed it away for free while I got residual income and free advertisement.

My bots were distributed because they were lightweight and fun fun and got the job done. It certainly wasn't tremendous, but it provided fast multi-node connecting. It was built in a developer package (that cost me a bundle), so it wasn't raw coding as I'm not a coder by trade, so maybe that's why I don't care that it was distributed. A forum even kindly removed it because the mods knew it was mine as I opened a thread about it months before.

I wouldn't trust a coder who can't prevent their product from being nulled, frankly. Thanks for letting us know to never purchase any script or bot from you.

As for finding the nulled scripts, good luck. You'll catch the idiots, but null means null. If it's nulled, we both know you're not going to find it, considering huge companies can't find who nulls their products or who uses their nulled products.

With the amount of amazing software I've been given by budding developers for free, with the amount of beta testing and special deals I've been given to use a piece of software for free, with the amount of incredible bots and scripts that are given away in order to build a coder's rep...here we have someone moaning about inevitable theft in the digital age. I wonder if you're someone who supports people having IDs on the Internet and tracking devices in the fibre of their clothing.

I'm very interested to know your level of hypocrisy.
    You still haven't said if you've ever downloaded a song/movie/game/software or watched anything that was copyright restricted on youtube.

ourfella likes this.
  17. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ^ Pompous little prick, even more hilarious

I believe if someone buys my products they should be free to modify it to fit their needs, i could encrypt my code but why the hell should i just to stop it being stolen and distributed by retarded thieving brainless idiots who cant be bothered or are just simply to retarded to respect the licence terms under which it is released.

No i've never downloaded songs/movies/games/software and i never visit youtube, but if you think watching a video on youtube is the same as stealing and distributing other peoples copyrighted code and property then you really are a first class idiot

malky66, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  18. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may easy get DMCA complain if you host in US

dom19, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  19. backup

backup Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is illegal, though changing once a month can save you some time dealing with DMCA, though it requires some investment...

backup, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  20. outanmax

outanmax Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, thank you. But ... I Don 't want to make a warez forum ... ;D

outanmax, Aug 2, 2012 IP