1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it hard to learn Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by JeremyIrvine, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Kushal Biswas

Kushal Biswas Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use GIMP since I learned this during my college days .. Never missed photoshop ... You might want to learn GIMP. It is a opensource software and easy to learn

Kushal Biswas, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  2. verocity12

verocity12 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should definitely learn Photoshop :) You can first familiarize yourself with different options, which are pretty self-explanatory and later watch videos on youtube with info focused on whatever effect/skill you need. I bet most of the people learn this way and it's not that hard as long as you are ready to devote some time to it especially to your first projects. But I'm sure the final effect will be great so good luck!

verocity12, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  3. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop is not difficult to learn, but not easy either. I normally use GIMP, but that is for simple works.

meetdilip, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  4. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshope tools are easy to learn but hard to use. You can design your design your brochures in Coral Draw which is the best software for making brochures. There some tools when you learn it you will able to make posters/banners/brochures . You need to know about color combination.

John Michael, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  5. Aviator Wayer

Aviator Wayer Banned

Best Answers:
    You need to practice more to learn PHotoshop than other graphic packages or use online free tools which can supplement Photoshop.

Aviator Wayer, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  6. AnotherSubstance

AnotherSubstance Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's easy... if you break it down into what you need when you need it. Like anything you learn really, just break it up. Whenever you need to do something, search online for a tutorial and you'll learn how to do it. If you can't find a tutorial for the thing you're trying to do, then just find tutorials for parts of the thing you want to do... break it up and learn each section.

Done.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Just keep doing this for every thing you need to learn. In a month you'll be really really good at Photoshop.

Oh, and find as many plugins as possible, they do a lot for you. (probably see this in the tutorials sometimes)

AnotherSubstance, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  7. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I think actually the hardest thing about Photoshop is having the time to sit down and learn each aspect of it. It can be frustrating to have to study for a half hour just to figure out how to do an edge-fading function I could do in a free program in minutes. However, it's definitely worth learning if you want to become a professional graphic artist. It does so many precision things. Again, the hardest part is having patience for it.

BoostSoftware, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  8. bachtiar zulkifli

bachtiar zulkifli Member

Best Answers:
    actually, base on the personal...it could be easy of you practice for often...find article try it by yourself also never give up
    because i am sure you'll find something new and never lost from your mind

bachtiar zulkifli, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  9. zachxor

zachxor Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube offers some great video's in order to learn the basics. When I want to learn new techniques then I would use this facility every time. I have never been one to learn from a book.. I am more of a visual learner and Youtube ticks the box.

zachxor, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  10. Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you've never used a photo editing program before, then it can be quite hard to get the hang of it at the start. It's such a vast complex program and even the guru's don't know everything about it. If you look at video tutorials online, you should be able to get to grips with it within a few weeks.

Sarah Davis, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  11. TND Cast

TND Cast Peon

Best Answers:
    That's all you need to do? Crop out faces and paste them unto another background?

That very easy, just looking into tutorial using the lasso tool. If the persons face is very well defined and the background is just on solid color, all you need to do is use the magic background eraser and click on the background and the background is erased. Try to clean out the rest of the background. You then press Ctrl + A to select the remaining face and press Ctrl + C. You then open the brochure on a different window and press Ctrl + v to paste it on the brochure. Thats the basic gist of it. You will need to resize and stuff, but you should figure that on your own.

TND Cast, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  12. Kill-Kenny

Kill-Kenny Member

Best Answers:
    If you like designing in general, it will be easy because you enjoy learning it.

But for anyone who wants to learn ANYTHING in photoshop, I strongly recommend that you visit this website : http://psd.tutsplus.com/

It's obviously FREE, but it is for any level of knowledge, from the absolute beginner with photoshop, to the advanced and experienced designer.
    Their tutorials are always clearly explained and detailed.

It is simply awesome. :)

Kill-Kenny, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  13. visualwebcreation

visualwebcreation Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can easily learn the basics of photoshop especially when you are enjoying what you are doing. There are many tutorials on google and even on youtube (it's better if there are printscreens and video tutorials). Although mastering it takes time and experience. You just need to explore and have fun! Hope it helps, goodluck!

visualwebcreation, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  14. trustar14

trustar14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best source for learning Photoshop is Youtube and Lynda.com

trustar14, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  15. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are enough tutorial sources for Photoshop than other altenatives.

meetdilip, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  16. Sanmeet Singh

Sanmeet Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    photoshop is very easy software.. u can simply learn this software, bt for posters/banners/brochures software is not sufficent..u can try with coral draw or illustrator..

Sanmeet Singh, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  17. bachtiar zulkifli

bachtiar zulkifli Member

Best Answers:
    everyone who trying hard about something must be getting something that they wish before, to get something about technology there must be difficulties, obstacle, obstruction and any others challenges but that things make someone be perfect and more understand also in doing something must be easy because we pass all difficulties before that we have all answer in our head and we say "oh...it is easy to me"

bachtiar zulkifli, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  18. TCNSeoServices

TCNSeoServices Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's OK if you're designing Banners/Posters, But I'm not sure it work really well for Brochure, there is a specific software for creating brochure is Indesign. There is a self focus and a training course from Lynda is needed to learn Photoshop and then It won't be really hard to learn photoshop. But main is try and try again on Photoshop what's in your mind then you start learning it well :)

TCNSeoServices, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  19. NextGe

NextGe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe it depend on your interest. Furthermore, I think photoshop is easy to learn but hard to master.

NextGe, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  20. waiz86

waiz86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No its pretty easy, I learnt it on my own. All you need to do is, take up a task you cant do. Then try finding tutorials on how to do it and learn in that manner. If you keep doing that over time, you will master photoshop in no time!

waiz86, Apr 30, 2014 IP