1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is It Hard To Do Migration From Joomla To Wordpress?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by $donald, Feb 11, 2013.

Hi
    i need advice from masters. I got a duty from my supervisor to migrate the cms from joomla to wordpress. Is it hard? cause it make feel confused, this site is using joomla ver 1.5. You can check it on fortuneindo[dot]com. Joomla is complex :|

$donald, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  2. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is not complex and not even wordpress. If you have technical knowledge of basic html then you can do it easily. Try to find in google for what all migrations you would require to have in your website and follow the steps. This way you will be able to migrate it easily.

sigmainfo, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. pressingprojects

pressingprojects Peon

Best Answers:
    You would need to learn the basics of wordpress such as the basic functions and template tags as well as basic HTML and CSS.

pressingprojects, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  4. TestingWhiz1

TestingWhiz1 Member

Best Answers:
    You can use online importer for easy migration of data but limited to templates and designs.As a CMS, it is similar to Joomla in many ways. Integrating WordPress into your Joomla website increases the number of options you have for your blog posts. Doing so enables you to access all your WordPress blogs through Joomla.

TestingWhiz1, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  5. WP4J

WP4J Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with TestingWhiz, a good route will be to just use an integration component so you basically keep your Joomla site and have WordPress running inside it - you can find out more about the integration we offer at http://wp4j.com and there are more options in the joomla extension directory:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-edition/blog-integration

WP4J, Jun 5, 2013 IP