1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it good?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by leylalem, Mar 4, 2015.

I have site (www.leylalem.com), is design good for entertainment web site?

leylalem, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is painfully slow loading, you have no background-color to match the massive (too big to have any business on a website) background image should images be blocked, once that background is loaded the social media icons are near invisible from lack of accessible colour contrasts. There is little if anything of value in terms of content on the main page making it little more than a "splash page" -- one of the many things we were told to stop doing decades ago as they server little purpose other than to waste bandwidth. What little actual content is present is more likely to get you slapped down by search engines than actually serve a legitimate purpose...

Under the hood what little markup you have is decade and a half out of date.... with attributes like "target" that have no business on any website written after 1997, static style inlined in the markup in a redundant fashion, stylesheet in the markup so kiss caching goodbye, a complete lack of leveraging CSS properly, scam artist Alexa meta, lack of alt text on the images for when/if images are blocked, and nothing remotely resembling semantic markup or logical document structure.

So... no. It's pretty bad. While I don't know the language, I'm pretty sure there's nothing there to say what the site is, what it's about, or why anyone should care. Ooh look, you have a giant static image and some social media links. :/ Reeks of playing around with images without realizing what a website is, what it's for, or how to build one properly.

Sorry if that comes across as rude or harsh, I'm just trying to be honest with you. Slapping the rose coloured glasses on your head and patting you on the back as you go down the road to epic fail would NOT be helping you -- no matter how polite that might be or how good it might feel.

deathshadow, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  3. Oscar Mariotti

Oscar Mariotti Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your website must contain below points to gain popularity in online marketing field.
    1. Simplicity
    2. Accuracy
    3. Density

Oscar Mariotti, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  4. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, these needs to follow for any websites.

Atikur, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  5. Leela Narasimha

Leela Narasimha Member

Best Answers:
    Your site looks nice in terms of color combinations and fonts.
    But your website is not responsive other than home page. Concentrate on the responsive as it is necessary for now a days website.

I developed the funny jokes website in bootstrap. http://www.hahafunnyjokes.com
    Its a basic one where you can find the jokes of all the categoories.

Leela Narasimha, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  6. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    The design is nice, I like where you are going with it. However, I did not see much more content than the front page. Did I miss something?

ITeachBlogging, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  7. Eitan Kuniz

Eitan Kuniz Member

Best Answers:
    The design is good but it doesn't look interesting enough. Lack of content and pages.

Eitan Kuniz, Mar 23, 2015 IP