1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is it good to use automated directory submission?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by SabQat, Mar 9, 2009.

is it good to use automated directory submission?

What are the good software for this.

SabQat, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  2. ASPMachine

ASPMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    Automate directory submission software are also good. It's nothing going to affect with your PR or SERP. Google doesn't know anything about the submission procedure that you're using to submit your link to directory. But only the thing is get rejected of your site from directories. Directories owner may reject your submission if you use automate submission software. Otherwise, manual and automate submission software both are same.

ASPMachine, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  3. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Over last couple of months , I have been getting automated submissions on my directories - FREE or Paid

I just BAN the domains - as they kill my time due to wrong categories- duplicate ...............:mad:

jhnrang, Mar 9, 2009 IP
    sainshea likes this.
  4. buldozerceto

buldozerceto Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not good to use automated directory submission tool, but semi-automated yes - it is very useful.

buldozerceto, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  5. sainshea

sainshea Peon

Best Answers:
    its always better to go for manual service..Automatic submissions alwys have a risk of getting the domain blocked as said by jhnrang

sainshea, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  6. mexabet

mexabet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Automated submission is not recommended.

mexabet, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  7. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Waste your time and money, at last the auto submission would be also damage your site ranking due to the duplicate content.

WallaceYeung, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  8. cveks

cveks Member

Best Answers:
    i think using manual methods is better because directories block automated submissions many times.

cveks, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  9. contactusa

contactusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use a good program or script and know that it'll pick a proper category and select a free link, directory owners will not know that it was automated.

Think about it. Proper Category, Proper Link Type, Proper Description. How does that differs from Manual? It doesn't.

Many people on DP will advertise Manual Submissions to 1,000, 2,000 directories for a very low fee. Do you actually think they spend hundreds of hours to submit manually for $8 - $15? No. They don't. They use auto submitters. :D

contactusa, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  10. Valineo

Valineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, you should go with semi-automated submitter that will allow you to check if the proper category is selected and other info as not all the directories have the same categories or the same rules...

Valineo, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  11. blackside

blackside Member

Best Answers:
    manual submitters are better, each time you can enter another info/categories for your site

blackside, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  12. himoacs

himoacs Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to use a software before but then i gave up. It is better to submit manually.
    If you use a software, a lot of times your site will not get approved.

himoacs, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  13. ruby.mein

ruby.mein Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not recommending anyone to use automated softwares when doing submissions.. I'd better have it manually

ruby.mein, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  14. guna

guna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Automatic submission will not work in good directories because of the following reasons. So it is pointless to do the Automated submission. When I started my career as SEO I bought Dynamic Web Submission for $500 which claims to automatically post to 1000's of directories. I had used it and tested about 5 sites but not able to get a single good inclusion.

I then did a lot of trial and error experiments with IBP etc. But nothing works.

These are the reasons why an Automated submitter will never work.

CAPTCHA (IMAGE Identification) Almost all the directories will ask you to identify the characters in the randomly generated image while you do the submissions. This is possible only in manual submission.

Different categories Some directories have as less as 25 categories while others have more 3000 + categories. The category names are not consistent across the directories. Manual submission is needed to submit the web site in the right category.

Different types of form input. Some directories will ask for very few details while others may require much more details like having an user account to do the submissions. Providing appropriate data according to the directories is possible only by manual submissions.

Confirmation Most of the directories need a confirmation by which you have to manually click a verification link sent to the email and confirm that the submissions are done manually.

No automated software or service can take into account the above features of directories while submitting the web sites. The fact is most of the directories do a manual review on the submissions and will find out the automated submissions sooner or later and block them.

guna, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  15. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Automated submission is no good - you have no control over what kind of directories and categories you are submitting to, whereas what you need are quality backlinks, preferably within your niche.

Earnest01, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  16. FULLY LOADED

FULLY LOADED Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say manual submission is the best !!!!

FULLY LOADED, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  17. DSFlyman

DSFlyman Peon

Best Answers:
    I had used them myself. Now I know why they aren't worth it. Thanks for the great info. You mean I actually have to do it manually now?

DSFlyman, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  18. hotelaudit

hotelaudit Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried many auto submission services but doesn't work for me properly :( Please give to me a good instruction where can I find a correct and free of charge auto submission service!

hotelaudit, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  19. pezman077

pezman077 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using a firefox plugin InFormEnter. You still submit manually, but the process is sped up so fast that I can crank through a directory every 60 seconds or so.

pezman077, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  20. seoz

seoz Banned

Best Answers:
    there is nothing like AUTOMATED DIRECTORY SUBMISSION SOFTWARE. The best way is to install a auto complete form add on (like recommended by pezman). this is the only AUTOMATED way for directory submission

seoz, Mar 10, 2009 IP