1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is It Expensive To Sell Articles At $2/500 Words

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by meol, Sep 11, 2018.

1. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When trying to sell online, always keep in mind that there is always someone who is selling the same thing at a cheaper price.
    In this case, articles and content.

So it does not matters how you value your work, or how much its worth to you, or how much time it took you to develop the product.
    The question is, how much are buyers willing to pay for it.

Quality of your work might be good, but if buyers are getting similar quality, at a lower price, then its upto you whether you want to slash your prices or not, whether you want to stay in competition or not.

This is the problem in selling online. People from "around the globe" are trying to sell here.
    Choice for buyers is virtually unlimited.
    Choice for sellers is, whether you want to beat the price of competition by slashing your prices.

If you do, you will make a sale.
    If not, then wait for that special someone...

I agree that quality has its own price, but its very tough to find that buyer who values that quality and is willing to pay the price for it.

JEET, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  2. tbar

tbar Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that it's important that you not only take pride in your work, but know your worth. Being in a bind means that you will take crumbs when you should be getting the entire loaf of bread. $2 for an article is dirt cheap. Don't be afraid to charge what you believe your work is worth. There is always someone out there who will pay for it. I've come to learn that when you charge cheap prices for your services, legitimate buyers are actually turned off by it. Cheap prices means garbage work most of the time.

At minimum you should be charging a penny a word for each article. That is a great starting point. I personally think that buying one article at a time as an SEO content writer is a huge waste of money. Content marketing takes consistent and on going content. So spending $20 per article when you need 100 pieces a month is ridiculous to me. I guess it's one of the reasons why I stop selling one piece articles to my clients. It was a smarter way to get their business the content it needed without over spending. I would suggest you tell your client that your price is your price (that is if you plan to stay at $2) or you will sell to someone else. Never let the client tell you what you are worth. You tell them what YOU want.

Good Luck

tbar, Jan 13, 2020 IP