1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it end of clickbank ?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by gplv72, Nov 8, 2012.

?

My analsyis is correct or wrong ?

1. Yes

31.6%
  2. No

15.8%
  3. Not sure

21.1%
  4. Let us wait for some more weeks

31.6%
    I request you to read and give your opinion. May be I wrong in this judgement.

I am noticing the performance of clickbank in affiliate marketing in several ways such as Alexa traffic rank, Gravity of top products, termination of vendors and affiliate relationship.

The sudden introduction of clickbank color codes and the word "possible termination of affiliate/vendor' in login page is a setback of for affiliates.

(1). Alexa traffic rank - A year back the rank is 169.. and day by day the clickbank traffic is reduced and now stood at 303 (Nov 8' 2012)

(2). Top health product truthaboutabs.com (for the past 3 year). Drastically reduced in gravity (from 393 to 260) and come down to 2nd plane in Health category

(3). The number one product (Sattelite direct) suddently is removed and they are now available in clicksure

(4). The recent introduction of color codes (effective from 2013) is really set back to affiliates. The word 'Possible termination' and ranking them in their performance is not a good approach.

You can rank a vendor. Because he knows everything about internet marketing.

But We cannot expect the top performance from all affiliates. Because getting success in affilate marketing is not a easy one. It may take several years.

My analysis may be correct or wrong...

I need some expert discussion on clickbank.. current situation

Thank you

gplv72, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  2. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My account on the RED "unacceptable" state so it will be suspended soon. Why, when and how,, I don't know...., this is for sure losing much active affiliates, and I don't know why. I have no any refunds for the last 4 months.. Frustrated

shand0, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  3. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If clickbank implements this new change they will eliminate or ban 50% or more of all affiliates and destroy their system.

They will close the doors to new affiliates and vendors.... many will look elsewhere and see them as too high risk.

letsmakeamillion, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  4. xyannix

xyannix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think they are doing a CJ concept and trying to clean up their database. They are currently offering 12,000 products and that is alot.

xyannix, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  5. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that CB can survive and grow next many years, although its Alexa rank is decreased.

himanuzo, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  6. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So as affiliate, how I know the products which save my account, nothing clear in this point? I built websites that generating steady incomes for years, and suddenly they delete my affiliate account and vendor's accounts that I promote? And why they accepted them from beginning??!!

shand0, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  7. codi_milo

codi_milo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with letsmakeamillion.

codi_milo, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  8. smonline

smonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like they will only terminate account when your account score reaches zero (maximum risk).

Do whatever you can to move up to the low risk tiers. You still have 2 months in hand.

_________

Some questions:-

This is what i found:-

Risk Tier | Points Added or Removed Daily
    Violet +1
    Blue +1
    Green +1
    Yellow 0
    Orange -1
    Red -2

They say "Orange or Red tiers should work to improve their quality rating to avoid automatic suspension"

So if someone is in red tier, and it takes 25 days for his acccount to come to zero, how can he improve their quality rating within 25 days? Is it possible? Not sure.

So now we have to calculate refund rates of each product, before promoting? What is the ideal refund rate of a product that can be promoted?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    smonline, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  9. Michael Thai

Michael Thai Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think CB is dead. If you think about how much CB makes, and how much money they have paid affiliates, they still have the lion share - all we need to do is to be part of the "share" and we will still make lots of money

Michael Thai, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  10. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes maybe I over reacted. But I have to admit that I am concerned. I think I will wait to promote any new vendors until after 2 or 3 months into the new year 2013. By then we will know what risk levels are assigned to all vendors and we will also see the only surviving vendors after the first round of account terminations.

But I suspect that the vast majority of affiliates are only going to promote the vendors with the lowest possible risk tier and ignore all the rest. This concerns me because one of the biggest former advantages of CB is the very large selection and variety of vendors. That will make for a much much smaller pool of vendor products to choose from and reduce ability of new vendors to stay viable.

I still wonder though as an affiliate, if I chose to only promote the least risk tier vendors, if that is enough to sustain my affiliate account over the longer term.

letsmakeamillion, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  11. daneenmoreland

daneenmoreland Peon

Best Answers:
    no, this isn't the end of cb. I think they are definitely trying to make the environment better for both affiliates and vendors, but they don't realize that these new rules can be devastating for some affiliates! Sure, cb is giving people a few months to fix everything but that might not be enough time... especially if some affiliates (in the Orange or Red) don't even know what to do to fix the problem..

daneenmoreland, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  12. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem now is, what's the safe product to promote??

shand0, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  13. Stoudenmire

Stoudenmire Member

Best Answers:
    We will see where they are going with this - its a long term strategy of reputation that is for sure. If they continued with the selling of products that by no mean satisfy customer demands then they would be worse off in the long run, not only with the FTC but with their own reputation.

Stoudenmire, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  14. ninja14

ninja14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think it will die been around a while and this is a top company ..but surely it will hurt affiliates and thats not good.

<<are only going to promote the vendors with the lowest possible risk tier and ignore all the rest.>>
    ==> yes thats probable ..

dont know what i am going to do

ninja14, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  15. Alex.luther

Alex.luther Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is not dead, do not believe this thing. There are still people making a lot of money from it.

Alex.luther, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  16. health2011

health2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank can earn some money but it is really not a good program because you cannot hold your customers.

health2011, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  17. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is not yet die but it is likely upset more marketer every single day. I myself trying to monetize CB for year and don't get any luck with them. Google hate CB affiliate link, building good landing page require time, and when buyer request refund all the hard works give me nothing. Compare to CB , I rather choose Jvzoo

unknownpray, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  18. Aanspire

Aanspire Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh no! I hope it's not the end. I've just discovered Clickbank and am considering selling an ebook on there. What do you think about my endeavor? My high quality ebook that I've worked on for years is also on Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com as paper and hardbacks. Should I go for it? I'm quite new at this.

Also, I have an important question that perhaps someone might know the answer to: once I have a seller account, can I see specifically who is selling my item and how many they have sold? If so, will I be able to contact them? The reason is that I am hoping to email/send my affiliates a thank you gift or reward if they sell a certain amount of my item. :rolleyes:

Aanspire, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  19. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    They are certainly contributing to their own demise with the latest policies - if that's the case.

Why the are doing this is unsure... I guess it's most likely one or more of the following:
    1.they have a huge number of members not producing much income, thus not producing them profit either >>> therefore they are trying to filter out those who aren't delivering enough to them... how much is "enough" is another question
    2.they are unable to manage this much data, affiliates, perhaps their accounting is also "mixed up"... too much work, too many members >>> they are trying to manage the overload by kicking some out
    3.they have major financial problems and are desperate about squeezing out more money to pay their debt, pay their employees and >>> in this case it's a desperate survival-related pressure on members (members are the "milk cows" who now get "over-milked"!)
    4.they simply want to increase profits >>> in this case they simply pressure, because they want to squeeze more money out

Mr.Dog, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  20. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe it is a good move this color stuff. It will improve quality of products, especially the refund rates that we don't know about until we promote them.
    But I think they should make more stats publics such as refund rates and total sales (or at least over past 2 months)

And also they should ban directly all vendors who do a 1% affiliate commission on their recurring products just to have the recurring icon, this is a bad joke on affiliates!

JamesColin, Nov 21, 2012 IP