1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it Dos attack?

Discussion in 'Security' started by greatlogix, Feb 20, 2012.

Friends Sometimes my site keep on loading, loading and loading.... just left nav appears and when i click any link, i get a blank page. I am tracking all db queries, if there is a query failure, i log it in a table to view and fix the issue. there is no any query failure logged. i have also checked slow query logs, those are also clear. So I am thinking it can be a Dos attack. Am I right? How i can detect that my site is down due to a DoS attack or some other reason? Note: i am on shared hosting.

Please advice.

greatlogix, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  2. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    Without logs there is no idea. What does your host say? What about your access and error logs?

SolidShellSecurity, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  3. Dzonny

Dzonny Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you susspect that you're under DDOs attack, you can try with:
    shouldn't be more than 500.

and:
    Shouldn't be more than 100

Dzonny, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  4. kingwinbond

kingwinbond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As your site is hosted on a shared server you cant use the above commands to check . You need to contact your hosting provider . There is very less possibleity that your site is under DDOS attack. Site loading issue usually occurs when the services on the server are stuck . Your hosting providers needs to restart the specific service which is stuck in order to restore your website to normal.

kingwinbond, Feb 21, 2012 IP