1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it better to choose a product with a high or a low gravity?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by sex-bond, Sep 25, 2010.

I think that both products with high or low gravity have their advantages. The advantages of a product with high gravity is that many persons have already earned money thanks for that product, and it shows that the product is a good product because has had success on the web... the disadvantage is that if the gravity is high the competition is high too.

On the other hand, a product with low gravity could be good for you if the product is good and your ways to promote are efficient.... the advantage is that you don't have much competition...

In my opinion i prefer to promote a product with high gravity using good promotion strategies, like AdWords... in this way i have the guarantee that the product is working well....

What do you think?

sex-bond, Sep 25, 2010 IP
  2. hawkal

hawkal Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it is better to just "test" low gravity products and find the profitable ones because it would be easier to dominate the profitable ones because of lower competition. Okay so you won't always find a good product but it's better than trying to grab a smaller share of a bigger market. Being the biggest fish could just mean being in a smaller pond.

hawkal, Sep 25, 2010 IP
  3. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    High gravity means huge competetion and huge potential.
    Low gravity means little competetion and unknown potential.

You decide which is better.

psharma, Sep 25, 2010 IP
  4. Andreweb80

Andreweb80 Peon

Best Answers:
    It the question of high competition and high potential vs. little competition and unknown potential.

Try to find the optimal program for you in term of competition and potential...

Andreweb80, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  5. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to find a product with a medium gravity, something with more than 20 and less than 150. This way you know that there are successful affiliates making money off of this but the competition is also low. That is a good starting point if you are just getting into affiliate marketing- you don't want a niche that is overly competitive and you don't want to start your marketing campaign off with a niche that is risky if you are a beginner.

Either way as long as you are doing some free marketing techniques like article marketing and you do keyword research and target long tail keywords you should be able to find some degree of success.

Le Dangles, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  6. DianeBrandt

DianeBrandt Peon

Best Answers:
    Go with high gravity products... why would you want to promote a product that isn't selling? However, if you have a nice size responsive list, you'd have no problem promoting either of the two.

DianeBrandt, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  7. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    The "unknown" is really where you can make the profit!

smile633, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  8. AffilateRook1

AffilateRook1 Peon

Best Answers:
    My gravity is at about 4, I think the highest its been is 10. I get new affiliate sales every now and then, however I have a few people making steady sales every week. Hope that helps.

AffilateRook1, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  9. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah... psharma is right... You just need to think deep about what he said...

jacky8, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  10. Lynxtouch

Lynxtouch Peon

Best Answers:
    High gravity generally means a big market - so plenty of room to maneouvre, but will take a lot of dedication to crack it.

Lynxtouch, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  11. My220x

My220x Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't go on Gravity alone due to the fact that it can be manipulated and you don't know if it's the same 100 or so affiliates making a sale at least once sale every 8 weeks or it's 100 different affiliates each time. Instead I would just decide on a niche and then pick a product and test it out and see for yourself.

My220x, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  12. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you search the CB marketplace and search by popularity, you will have better chances.. If you can find programs with good popularity ratings and low gravity, you may hit the jackpot. It means the product is popular and selling like hotcakes, but the competition is low..

For instance, if a product with 100 gravity is more popular than a product with 300 gravity points, go for the popular one with less gravity.. Because it's selling better and less people are selling it..

Gravity can easily be inflated. Popularity can't...

floodrod, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  13. priyohw50

priyohw50 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you made a good point here.
    with low competitor we can easily own that market.

we can start with that criteria before choosing what we want to sell.
    then go to niche market, to sell that goods.

CMIIW

priyohw50, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  14. oxandrolone

oxandrolone Peon

Best Answers:
    ..gravitity : 10 to 100 recommended..

oxandrolone, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  15. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The real money is where the big market is. Go for higher gravity product, they are usually in big markets where a lot of money can be made.
    This is better than targeting some micro niche product with little gravity. Yes, it will probably not have much competition, but traffic would be hard to get.

Ripped, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  16. sex-bond

sex-bond Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ok thanks... very good advice.... i am trying both products with low and high gravity... and both are making good sales..... Thanks

sex-bond, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  17. jhng000

jhng000 Peon

Best Answers:
    both have pros and cons but high gravity products are products usually used by many...

jhng000, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  18. jamiesbeck

jamiesbeck Peon

Best Answers:
    i usually pick something in the middle myself.

jamiesbeck, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  19. powfada

powfada Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the real deal, not all products with gravity are good products. The thing is we see the gravity but we don't know the refund rate.

The next thing is, gravity means the total # of affiliates who have made at least one sale in the last 30 days. Thus, a product could
    have a gravity of 100 and converts poorly. Because even if the affiliates are not making CONSISTENT sales, the gravity will still reflect
    the ONE that they made in the last 30 days.

Hope that's clear :)

powfada, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  20. DOScyber

DOScyber Peon

Best Answers:
    Gravity = lots of competition, therefore it might not be good to promote a product with high gravity if you're starting out.
    In that case you might be better off choosing a product with lower gravity -it might be a diamond in the rough too that not many people have noticed, and which pays less commission which is why many have disregarded it.
    And not all products with high gravity are necessarily good for business, because they might have high refund rates.

FREE Online Affiliate Marketing Tips! SellTITAN.com - Become a TITAN of Online Marketing.

DOScyber, Oct 13, 2010 IP