1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it any good?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ericsson, Nov 4, 2005.

Is the amazon affilate program any good?

Ericsson, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  2. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never had much luck using it. Always provided tons of exposure for the program, and NO return.

I hear it works for some folk, but not me.

my3cents, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  3. Ericsson

Ericsson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess ill just stick to adsense. :)

Ericsson, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  4. prowess

prowess Guest

Best Answers:
    I've made 1.67 in the past year

prowess, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  5. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    For what it's worth, Amazon used to be a LOT better before (a) used books showed up, and (b) everyone had it!

My stats varied over the past five years, but in essence, though my site has grown quite a bit, my Amazon is roughly constant or declining. It used to be about $100-200 per month; now it's just over $100 per month and more consistent.

Lots depends on how you do it. A simple banner got me, um, nothing. I have selected text links with little reviews in a page of their own and on relevant pages I also have some chosen links. But I'm not adding new ones any more...return just isn't there. Over time it does add up if you get a good one, but predicing the good ones is hard. On a CPM basis it's pretty pathetic compared with Google.

One question is whether there are lots of used materials for sale, because you know they sell used books starting at a nickel or so with $4 shipping... no commission worth mentioning on used materials most of the time. Toys and electronics aren't bad. Sometimes you get a guy who makes a BIG order through your site and that helps. But max I've gotten from them in a month is probably $220 - and I've been with them since their first year.

Your mileage may vary. Indeed, I strongly believe it WILL vary.

PS> I've been operating as a hobby since 1993-94. When I started out, I was incredibly happy to have my first thousand visitors/month and even ghappier to get $30/month to pay for the ISP. Now I'm at 500,000 visitors per month according to Webalizer...

davert, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  6. DanHall

DanHall Guest

Best Answers:
    I think selling a few books (or whatever) on Amazon is a good wholesome looking thing and helps people trust you more when they're looking at your other stuff that they initially do not trust so much. Even though it's great.

DanHall, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  7. Tereza

Tereza Peon

Best Answers:
    depends on what subject your site covers as well. There must be some subjects that are hard to cover

Tereza, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    You need to sell like 10 million dollars if you want to earn enough comission to take your girlfriend out to the movies

fryman, Nov 16, 2005 IP