1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it all about a search box or ...?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by mahmood, Feb 11, 2006.

Hi guys

I wonder if Amazon affilliation is all about a search box. Well, I know we can do a lot of design work.

To be more specific I wonder if we can extract a list of all books in one category and save them on our own database.

mahmood, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, that's what Amazon Web Services (AWS) is all about. You can plug your own content into their database and then easily get whatever information you need. AWS is great for all kinds of sites, it provides A LOT of data. Take a look at AWS.

fsmedia, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  3. mahmood

mahmood Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks fsmedia

All the scripts that I have already seen are around searching.

By what you said do I understnad right that I can extract all the books - say in game category - without searching for a specific keyword?

mahmood, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  4. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The Amazon Web Services let you hook in with whatever language you're using, normally PHP, with the PEAR system so that you can submit what info you need and then it will return to you with all related results or exact results. The whole system is VERY flexible and very advanced. Read about it on their website and you'll get a better idea of how to use it.

fsmedia, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  5. mahmood

mahmood Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid I couldn't find anything near to what I want.

All the scripts just retrieve based on a search key and none return a list.

If there is such a thing that I want there must be a simple address to an xml/SQL/Excel/text file containing all the records.

mahmood, Feb 12, 2006 IP