1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it a problem to get thousands of backlinks from one website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Wan Bo, Aug 4, 2022.

There are so many websites with millions of backlinks but few referring domains. Therefore, I wonder how it's possible to have millions of backlinks. Later, I found out they had over one million backlinks coming from one website alone. One million backlinks are impossible to create manually. What is the benefit of this and how does it affect SEO?

Solved! View solution.
    Wan Bo, Aug 4, 2022 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't actually have any evidence to back it up, but I do not believe there is any SEO value in receiving more than a few links from one site.

And sometimes such situations exist because both sites have the same owner, and they are offering products back and forth, not necessarily going for link value. In this case though, Google does negatively impact the ranking. The two sites will be treated as one.

Oso Optimized, Aug 5, 2022 IP
  3. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you said it right. If someone tries also it's impossible to get thousands of backlinks from one website. But I also don't know how it's possible.

Wan Bo, Aug 8, 2022 IP
    It's possible. For Example, you are a web designing company and design an eCommerce or marketplace for large businesses and link back your website in Footer. So, every time a new product page or the new page will be added to the website it will give you a new link but these links are of no use (because of nofollow aributes and depends on lots of other factors). If you have millions of dofollow links from one website and there is no variation or other referring domain then those links have very low value or sometimes increase your website's spamming score.

Sumit_Singh, Aug 8, 2022 IP
  5. danish001

danish001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It possible it seo how good seo you do. Back links must do follow.

danish001, Aug 9, 2022 IP
  6. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is possible, but it makes no sense at all.

Gamerseo, Aug 9, 2022 IP
  7. RayLey

RayLey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The number of backlinks needed goes up at a faster rate than the difficulty ranking. For example, if a keyword has a difficulty of 10 you probably need about 10 backlinks to rank. But if it has a difficulty of 50 you may need 100 backlinks to rank.

RayLey, Aug 10, 2022 IP