1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is is legal to put screenshots of other websites at my application or website ?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by devspace, Dec 27, 2010.

I am going to make something like a news website and iphone/android application.

Is it legal to take and display screenshots of other websites at my website? Screenshots will be linked to original pages.

Google recently added pages preview into search results page, but their screenshots are too small and text is not readable. What I am going to do is more like http://fastflip.googlelabs.com/

devspace, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  2. pararudalf

pararudalf Peon

Best Answers:
    If you will give it as a reference and add whole website url so it is not illegal I think but you must take permission first from the sites owners.

pararudalf, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  3. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    Putting a credit of the origin doesn't justify that you copied a screenshot from others. The best thing is ask the owner for permission.

Yuuko008, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  4. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, it's illegal, you must get the permission form the owner before you put screenshots of other websites at your website.

susan_ham, Dec 27, 2010 IP