1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Instagram limiting me?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Christian Cura, Aug 5, 2019.

Hi all! I've been using Instagram for a couple years now and I love the platform. I like the efficient, uncluttered presentation and its focus on imagery. I've built a following of just over 100 followers but lately I have noticed something strange. I have noticed a sharp decline in the engagement I'm getting. I used to easily get between 10-30 likes for a post but now I can hardly get 10...most days not even 5. This has been going on for a couple months now. I've been looking at the 'Insights' section under 'Audience' and I always post at the times when my followers are most active according to IG. But I am still disappointed by the low level of engagement I am getting. Am I missing something? My content has not changed and my feed is beautiful. I was absent for a week while on vacation and I know I may have lost some followers. Could that have something to do with it?

Christian Cura, Aug 5, 2019 IP
  2. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe you need to leverage Instagram properly just like any other social media platform. You need to ensure that the content you have been producing in that very week was relevant to the audiences and was published properly. Check for any missing hashtags or any other techniques you usually implement with SMM.

Sam Sabir, May 11, 2020 IP
  3. Descard

Descard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is very common lately, don't worry. I have seen many people in forums who are experiencing the same.

Descard, May 31, 2020 IP
  4. Peter Gerald

Peter Gerald Peon

Best Answers:
    You say you have been posting for years and your content remained unchanged. Could it be that it lost its relevance? Also, 100 something followers is not a very big following, so you can check the profiles that are signed to you. Perhaps some of them are now inactive and this is what cause you the loss in traffic?

Peter Gerald, Jun 12, 2020 IP