1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is hotel booking niche still good for making money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kalseo, Feb 3, 2009.

Hi DP members,

I just started developing a travel information portal, informative with a lot of content. At present moment only 5% of content that i am planning to be within website is published. I was wondering is "hotel booking" still a profitable business and is market too competitive to get good Google SERP.

I was also wondering for some other methods for monetizing this website?!

Please share your thoughts.

Kind regards
    Kal

kalseo, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, since the economy is down a lot, I'd say go for it - and see what you can do. I, for one, have no experience with the hotel booking niche but I'm pretty sure there's still money involved with it.

You should look into smaller competitive keywords for the "hotel booking" niche though.
    Try "book hotel", "booking a hotel", "where to book a hotel", etc. Going for the smaller competitive keywords would further help you by gaining more results than aiming high.

ForgottenCreature, Feb 3, 2009 IP
    mentos likes this.
  3. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply and suggestions. I agree with you, and i am going to try it, and market it properly.

Kind regards
    Kal

kalseo, Feb 3, 2009 IP
    ForgottenCreature likes this.
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it still profitable if you can make it well. You shall study on the keyword when you are writing content, focus on keyword density will help on your SERP.

lifeplayer, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think its profitable if you only make the earning from ads revenue alone.
    But if you want to earn more then i suggest you to collobrate with hotel for example if people sign up for the hotel under your link,then the hotel will pay you commission.

mentos, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  6. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I already sign up with affiliate program and start adding destinations, but insted of this, i am doing back up with a lot information which i rewrite from different sources related to this destinations.

kalseo, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  7. okfling

okfling Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go into reviews, try to get into the search engines and work google adsense

okfling, Feb 4, 2009 IP