1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Guest Article Submission as harmful as Guest Blogging?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BhaskarD, Jan 22, 2014.

1. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    I will drink to that (not cool-aid) :) but functionally speaking, a lot depends on how the other search engines perform in competition to Google. I mean giving the devil his due, SEO still has to depend a llllott on Google!

BhaskarD, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  2. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    True that! can't exactly blame Google either. They also have a business to run!

BhaskarD, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  3. Apocrypha

Apocrypha Member

Best Answers:
    So if Google is starting to frown upon guest blogging, what should we start doing to create backlinks that are not going to be seen as negative by Google?

Apocrypha, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  4. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    Well, assuming that Google's frowns are powered primarily by the intention to remove the clutter in the internet, placing only relevant links would be the answer. The problem starts when the management (who do mostly not understand the first thing about SEO) start clamoring for immediate high rankings and the SEO personals start placing links like they are putting flags declaring their territory. The intention of placing links should be to allow the potential clients to easily reach the website and not high rankings in the SERPs.

BhaskarD, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  5. SEOArbiterJoanne

SEOArbiterJoanne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think guest posting / guest article submission or whatever you'd like to call it are only dangerous when they are being overused.

For example, if someone was to create sites solely for guest posting and they had heaps of guest posts on there and not much else then I don't think the sites would last too long in today's climate, and the links from them could potentially be dangerous.

I don't think these new warnings from Matt Cutts should stop people from guest posting all together, you just need to be more careful and don't overdo things.

SEOArbiterJoanne, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  6. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    High quality guest blogging is still useful, too much of it is seen as spam.

Solar Oblivion, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  7. Bidesh kumar

Bidesh kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I am agree with u.

Bidesh kumar, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  8. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It can't be even if Matt Cutts says it to you. But you must be getting guest posts from high authority, related sites only. Otherwise, it's considered similar to article directory submission and you are in the realm of negative SEO.

wordpecker, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  9. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, this is what I feel. Everything must look natural. Google is no longer a dumb. It used to happen in past, get more links and get better SERP. Now get less yet quality links and get the SERP. To get most of it you have to be smarter. Find your own way. :)

wordpecker, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  10. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the article to be honest. If you put good work int he article it is good, plus it depends on the website.

ash1ey82, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  11. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    I second the point that if you produce really informative and useful articles, that will still have positive effect on your traffic and rankings.

Don't pay much attention to Matt Cutts' words. Google has, is and will be changing all the time. And I'm sure that more radical changes are down the road.

But it doesn't mean that you should stop utilizing all SEO techniques at once. Just change your approach to them. After all, guest blogging, article submission, etc. haven't died. They just transformed and became less spammy.

Examine the sources you are going to submit your articles into (make sure that they are authoritative websites with a large audience), make your posts maximally useful and informative and you will be fine.

Kianu42, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  12. Constructor Decasa

Constructor Decasa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think google is going to monitor the guest posting and guest articles closely. So its better be careful not to over optimize your posts by randomly putting in keywords and back links...

"Well caution always works"

Constructor Decasa, Jan 29, 2014 IP