1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google trying to force YouTube user to use Google+ it?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by FreeFun4Every1, Nov 14, 2013.

All we all know recent change on YouTube about comment system and now they made it compulsory to link Google+ account to comment on YouTube. There are Daily 4 Billion Video Views on YouTube according to Forbes and More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month according to YouTube statistics. So we can assume how many people comments daily on youtube and if they need G+ account for there then how many new G+ account will be registered? I think it is another try by Google to win over FB but did it really works because many video creator and thousands of people really didn't like it and in response of this video become so famous "F**k You Google+" and got more than 1 million views within 7 Days and 20K+ comment unfortunately from G+ :p watch it here

also John Doe from Arlington, TX created Petition on change.org which is about to reach on it's milestone
    https://www.change.org/petitions/google-change-the-youtube-comment-section-back-to-its-original-form

So what do you think is it bad move by Google because if people don't like G+ then why forcing it to signup for it to use other Google Service?:eek: They had already increased it's value for SERP and author rank and now this? In this way can Google+ beat Facebook?

FreeFun4Every1, Nov 14, 2013 IP
    Digital Noise, JPDevuyst and averyz like this.
  2. Krayzie

Krayzie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well Google wants to push all those products to users.Now they just found another way to push it more.

You will have to remember that Google does not care about you.They care for them and they products.

Krayzie, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  3. submission_webkul

submission_webkul Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Google is trying to force Google+ on public. Google+ is the dream project of Google and Google wants to defeat facebook by Google+. So that's why Google is doing all this. Google is busy to take the bad advantage of it's popularity.

submission_webkul, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise likes this.
  4. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree F**K Google+ .

It is just a failed idea so now they are trying to force it on users.

It you have to force something on people it is a fail (unless you are the government).

averyz, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  5. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    This is just my estimate only about google+
    Surely there is something more that want google with this, one of them is retaining their advertisers and many publishers who are optimizing their google now :))

Owl Writer, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  6. Austin Choi

Austin Choi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With any company or business they are always looking for different ways it can improve. Obviously Google wants more people to be aware of Google+ and how it can be positively effective towards its users. But in this situation with YouTube and the freedom being taken for the viewers pleasure to make open comments regardless of having a Google+ account, Google may have took the short end of the stick in the YouTube community.

Austin Choi, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    Samsom, Digital Noise and JPDevuyst like this.
  7. Robert Fisks

Robert Fisks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is just a way to attract more people. I don't see nothing bad in it. We all searching for new choices.

Robert Fisks, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  8. Digital Noise

Digital Noise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a friend who works for Google, and in 2011 Google told all their employees that they needed to somehow incorporate G+ into what ever project they were in charge of and that it would be tied to their annual raise. That effort lead to the "One Account Rules them All" strategy. Obviously, the employees at YouTube are really earning their annual raise ;).

Digital Noise, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    averyz likes this.
  9. Samsom

Samsom Member

Best Answers:
    That is really insightful.

Samsom, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  10. Collin Davis

Collin Davis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I understand that as a user it is really frustrating that Google has come up with this directive but what needs to be understand here is that Google is a private entity and it has a right to modify products that suits its needs.

Apart from this move being a strategic attempt to get more people on Google+, its also a way for Google to understand how people are understanding and interpreting videos and using those social signals to again improve the search experience.

As a user its taking away your anonymity from commenting but any company has vested interests and according to the book, Google has every right to do what it has done.

Collin Davis, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  11. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it was them trying to win over facebook as much as it was them simply trying to stay alive. G+ has had it's successes, but it has been largely ignored by a wider audience. I think this move was an attempt to keep it from slipping into the Google graveyard. But as you mentioned, it largely backfired. People don't like being forced into things, and it's only worse now that they've removed the option to choose whether or not you want the comment to appear on your G+ profile. I can't count the number of complaints I read about it, and I can honestly say I never saw a single person welcome the change. I wonder how their number of comments after the change compares to the number they were receiving before the change. I bet there was a slip in numbers.

Foxxy, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  12. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Admits Google+ Was Just A Ploy To Track Your Behavior Online
    http://valleywag.gawker.com/google-admits-google-was-just-a-ploy-to-track-your-beh-1524403565

"And it is gathering this information even though relatively few people use Plus as their social network. Plus has 29 million unique monthly users on its website and 41 million on smartphones, with some users overlapping, compared with Facebook’s 128 million users on its website and 108 million on phones, according to Nielsen."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/15/technology/the-plus-in-google-plus-its-mostly-for-google.html?_r=2

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    averyz, Feb 18, 2014 IP