1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is google shutting down feedburner ?

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by Fisker, Aug 29, 2012.

I have been reading about it since the last month ever since google made the official announcement that their twitter account is going to be closed. Their api services are already dead and many people are complaining about drops in their rss counts as well as errors in feeds getting delivered. Google has been on a killing spree this year with a lot of their services going dead. Anyone has any updated or inside news on this ?

Fisker, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  2. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, This is not true. Google does not shut down anything until they have solid reason for the same.

And for twitter, the news was like, Government was suppose to close the fake accounts.

sigmainfo, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  3. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I personally think people are reading way too much into it. As far as I know they are basing Feedburner closing on the following things:

• Google depreciated the Feedburner API (along with a number of others).
    • Their official Twitter account has suddenly been closed with no warning at all.
    • The Japanese version was shut down when Google forgot/refused to renew the domain.

1. I'm not an expert but I understand the Feedburner API is what plugins and scripts use to collect and display your RSS feed count on your site. Maybe Google are closing this to make people use the counters that are located in your Feedburner account?

2. I read recently that they have opened up a new big forum type thing for the Feedburner support, maybe they closed their Twitter account (which only had 12k followers) to concentrate their support in one place? Feedburner has well over a million users (as of 2007) and yet only 12k of them followed the support account on Twitter?

3. This could be an oversight or deliberate. I think they were/are going to marge the Japanese version into the English version.

I do believe that Google's silence is not going to do them any good, and the recent problems with ALL feed counts showing 0 will only heighten the fear and panic.

Dean_Saliba, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  4. umeedngo

umeedngo Peon

Best Answers:
    no, this is not happened.

umeedngo, Oct 12, 2012 IP