1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is google+ really beat Facebook?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by carhireindia, Mar 19, 2012.

1. madhuriarora1

madhuriarora1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is one of the best social site rather then Google+.

madhuriarora1, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  2. Cheesekewrls

Cheesekewrls Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, Google+ cannot beat Facebook unless they'll launch a program/application that will be loved by people (specially those favorite pastime is using Social Networking).

Cheesekewrls, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  3. beagle_boy

beagle_boy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is too late to the party, in my opinion. No way they're going to catch facebook.

beagle_boy, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  4. vevcom

vevcom Peon

Best Answers:
    i will stick with facebook

vevcom, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  5. Jason1985

Jason1985 Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think google will beat facebook at the moment, I dont even think their cell phones caught on, just like MS had that issue. BUT i think google is in a good state to give FB good competition.

Jason1985, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  6. crazy4cs

crazy4cs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a fan of Google + actually. Facebook is simple and easy to use while I need sometime to find and search things over Google+.

crazy4cs, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  7. ninesixmedia

ninesixmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Google+ seems really strange to me for some reason.

ninesixmedia, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  8. rashed007

rashed007 Peon

Best Answers:
    No. because facebook has huge user

rashed007, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  9. weblinkbuilding

weblinkbuilding Peon

Best Answers:
    Not Really but after some time it may be on same position because G+ increasingly very high.

weblinkbuilding, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  10. seocatalysts

seocatalysts Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are used with different purpose and both are competing with each other too..but non of them did not beat each of them

seocatalysts, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  11. rossasset

rossasset Peon

Best Answers:
    Google don't care if people are spending time on G+. They got what they need when you first registered. Google+ is designed to power ad targeting, and for that it only needs you to sign up once. Google+, VP Bradley Horowitz said : "We’re growing by every metric we care about". So, I don't think is really a competition between G+ and Facebook.

rossasset, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  12. jinnnguyen

jinnnguyen Peon

Best Answers:
    I hated both of them but fact is fact.

Quick Facts:

1) G+ ~ 100 million users Vs Facebook ~ 700 million users

2) According to PEW, G+ users spent an average 3 minutes (180 seconds) per month on their account Vs Facebook users 7 hours (25,200 seconds) => and this fact is not included mobile time, or facebook is way ahead G+ for sure.

Conclusion: No need to say :)

jinnnguyen, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  13. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How about Facebook after 4 years = 60 million users.
    G+ after 10 months 120+ Million users...

It has taken years for FB to get this big and just 10 months for Google, Google has a large base to launch off and we expect miracles...

Facts on Facebook:

Members joined because FB was private, MySpace was to open.
    Facebook is now to open and not as private as Members want.
    Facebook is now at it's biggest lull in growth - http://www.seoservices.com/communit...rowth-slump-continues-twitter-fares-well.html

Facebook will decline further as it gets more advanced for the normal people, and as more people grow web savvy they will delve into the other sites like pinterest and Twitter - Twitter has always been to sophisticated for dim wits....

The majority of FB users are there because they have free FB from their phones, I know a handful of girls who use it because it's free on their handsets and they don't have the internet or a computer LoL... They don't even know what Twitter is or wouldn't even know what a meme is...

Facebook is getting to intrusive and is a social site for retards in my opinion... probably why it's so popular because there's so many narrow minded dip shits in this world...

My Rant...

The general population is that retarded they only use FB and nothing else... based on my experience with normal friends... then there's the guys who hate FB, play games on their xbox/ps3 etc - this doesn't come into any equation or measurement... but I can tell you that there's just as many gamers as Facebook users on a daily basis... then there's TV streams and pay tv being streamed online to...

thsadmin, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  14. jinnnguyen

jinnnguyen Peon

Best Answers:
    Great updated facts thsadmin & also a good point on how intrusive social media has become. Unfortunately I'm afraid all other social sites will copy exactly or even worst the same type of business practives. I'm definitely stay away from all of them.

Peace on earth :)

jinnnguyen, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  15. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup - that's the truth, Facebook is copying the viral techniques of other sites... they are mimicking the image sharing features of pinterest type clones with their "Like" button and updated commenting system, I hate the fact that everything I comment on - my friends are all notified and this is spreading away from FB now - sites like HuffingtonPost have the feature built in - where (if you opt in) and read an article all your friends are updated about what you have read... I don't want my friends knowing my every move on the internet and I should be able to control what my friends see (me do)... you only need to look at the ridiculous Memes on FB to see how stupid ppl are for example "Like" if you would give this African child food and "Share" for a prayer - who's that helping? No one except the person who started that campaign with a shifty link to their site below the starving childs image...

thsadmin, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  16. WebMaster2012

WebMaster2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Beat Facebook... NO, not right now. Facebook is a 'PASSING TREND', and MAY have another 3-5 solid years before it is forgotten. Google will win this game when all is said and done.

WebMaster2012, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  17. nelram

nelram Member

Best Answers:
    All depends on what you are using it for. Do I think the majority of the population will switch over to google+ from FB? NO. I dont see google+ catching on with the FB crowd of people who like to know what all of their friends are doing. However...
    What google has over FB is the fact that they can favor businesses who use them with search rankings. Google is no longer watching FB as much and they are watching G+ now instead.
    They want you to log on to the internet and stay within the google community. Makes sense from a business standpoint.
    In the end, it will all end up a fad and something for the history books because something different will come out and we will all end up with microchips in our heads and we will be able to see through our friends eyes when we want to know what they are doing. lol

nelram, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  18. neelj

neelj Member

Best Answers:
    Well there is any competition between Google + and Facebook..

Facebook is totally different concept even still Google didn't approach that :)

neelj, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  19. afishan

afishan Peon

Best Answers:
    google+ doesn't seams to be that professional like facebook. i like it

afishan, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  20. HostJail

HostJail Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google+ wont come near it, but I also believe facebook wont stay on top for much longer, I believe its got a year or two left and thats it. Something else will replace it, but not google+

HostJail, Apr 4, 2012 IP